Welcome back, it's great to see that our LIMettes were so much happier last week, with 250 entries for sketch week
All is good in LIMette towers!
Here we are in the first week of a new month and our challenge once more is
For our challenge this week we would like to see you use
SHADES of BLUE
You can use a white card base, but we do want to see more than one colour of blue, not just one!
We are sponsored this month by the fabulous
are offfering a whopping $25 to the winner to spend in their shop
Do go check out their fabulous digital images
i made a DL [double length] card and cut 6 strips of different blue card, embossed in different patterns and stuck to the bottom of the card. then added the rhinestone bling. [but here]
Sorry completely no skill, but, we have our cards all prepared well in advance and I suddenly realised at a very late hour I had missed this week!! Having said that, I'm not a inky finger get in a mess crafter, so prefer this type of card! I leave all the skill to my fabulous partner.....here]
Card base Night of Navy, Bird on a Branch stamp set in Night of Navy, the 'blossom' is stamped in Marina Mist. I added the tiny punched flowers and pearls, also using Not Quite Navy card too
To make this card
- I began by stamping the 'JOIE' and large flourish with Versamark and embossing with clear embossing powder.
- Then I inked the rectangle of card with Bashful Blue ink using a sponge dauber.
- Next I stamped the splodges using Versamark and then clear embossed again.
- The butterflies were stamped with Stormy Sky DI and embossed
- More inks in various shades of blue were daubed in and around the images .
- I then cut the rectangle into thirds and re-inked around the edges.