14 July 2012

Week 76 - One Layer Challenge

Everyone's favourite... the 
One Layer Challenge 
and this week it's really simple


Three of anything that is, three colours, three images, three stamps, three words, the number three.... it's up to you, but don't forget the white space, a simple design and just one layer!


Chrissie
Firstly I must apologise for my lack of comments over the last few weeks, but I have been away on holiday in France and Spain and I don't like to advertise on the Internet, the fact that I'm not at home. 
Many thanks to my lovely buddy Mandi for holding the fort in my absence.. no mean feat with all the wedding commissions and regular card orders she has had to cope with. Ever the star... thanks so much my friend!

This is a small card, simply embossed with a Nestie to frame the tiny stamp with three bird silhouettes, accompanied with a three word sentiment. I don't know if the fact that we returned home to find a dead pigeon in the fireplace, had anything to do with my choice of stamp subject. It had fallen down the chimney, but fortunately there was no mess on the carpet!
Three cats, three colours, three words.
Unknown image stamp with a Personal Impression sentiment! This was going to be a square card, but I got a smudge of  Distress ink which I used to colour the cats at the bottom of the card and so I reduced the size. I must admit that I prefer the proportions of it now!


Mandi


This stamp is a part of set from Gina K I love this branch shape. I stamped the first branch with Versamark and clear embossed. The second I stamped in Worn Lipstick Distress ink, the third in Versafine Onyx black. Using a sponge dauber I inked around the spine edge, blending inwardly. I chose to stamp the sentiment in the same Worn Lipstick as I wanted it to be more subtle, It's hard to tell from the photo, but, I added liquid pearls and glamour dust to the white branch,
The sentiment is a Stampin Up set
I have put an alternative colourway on my personal blog, if you'd like to have a look.




For my second card I just stamped this superb stamp from Stampotique Chairs.
I colouredwith pastel coloured pencils [Pink, mint and blue] 
I glittered the pastel chairs.
The sentiment is computer generated, the font is called
Gigi.

We do appreciate the comments we receive on our personal blogs,
 where we often add additional samples for each challenge. 
Thank you all those who visit us.
We like receiving comments just like everyone else!
Have a great week, we look forward to seeing all your submissions!

28 comments:

  1. Oh love this challenge, need to go to the shops and will put my thinking cap on while I am out. You both have some tremendous examples for us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. THis is easy, and difficult at the same time. Love this challenge (as always)
    Marrigje

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous cards and another fab challenge xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marvelous these cards. I love the one with the trees very much.
    Lovely greet
    Marja

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mandi and Chrissie your cards are stunning as always! Thanks for the challenge, so many possibilities...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back Chrissie and well done Mandi:0) Great idea for the challenge this week and brilliant samples from you talented ladies xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant challenge again Ladies and your cards are amazing:)x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Apologies for uploading my card twice. It wasn't showing up at SCS so uploaded it on Flickr but couldn't figure out how to edit or delete the original.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome inspirations bu the DT !
    Thanks for a fun challenge yet again !

    Hugs,
    Riti

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have a question, would sewing be classed as a OLC? Kerry x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my, I'm a newbie, and this is another whole new thing for me - CAS, LIM! - but I love what I'm seeing. Beautiful, elegant simplicity, perfect execution from the DT, and plenty of that going on in the entries too. It's kinda the opposite of where I've been living, but I'm really tempted to give it a go! Lovely work all round.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is my favorite challenge...one layer cards! Thanks for the great inspiration cards, ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful inspiration as usual. I like these one layer challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Girls! Finally got to play! Great challenge - -fabulous samples~

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for the challenge - great inspiration - but I'm not sure I've cracked it yet!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous, Elegant and Stunning. Sheila.x

    ReplyDelete
  17. This challenge is so wonderful. Thank you!
    But I have uploaded my card twice! Sorry for that! The first link is not right (Number 116). How can I delete it?
    I am a newbie, but I try to learn. :)
    Swissie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Now it is right! Yes!!!!

      Delete
    2. I deleted the first link for you Swissie!
      It's great to have you with us!
      Chrissie

      Delete
  18. Hi Chrissie,
    Thanks for your lovely comment. And I'm more than happy to go blog hopping round some more (have already seen some of them)... so much to learn here about this Zen artform!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Ladies,
    I need a bit of help... OLC. What is allowed? Not ribbon, as I found out this week!! :) I thought as I hadn't used layers of card I'd be OK, I didn't see ribbon as a layer. Can you clear up what isn't allowed for me please...
    Rub ons, transfers, stamping, brads, diamantes, glitter glue?
    Sorry for entering something that wasn't within the rules!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  20. I've missed doing this challenge but couldn't be helped due to real life issues, great examples ladies, love this theme too!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you for this amazing challenge--it was really hard, but I finally got something done for you girls!!! Your cards are all amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm loving these challenges, but at the moment life is getting in the way a bit. I'll try very hard to join in over the next few weeks, but it will probably be the middle of August before I can be sure of actually being in the same place as my crafting kit and my computer next! So don't think I've run away and left you all!

    ReplyDelete
  23. LIM are great cards and the DT creations are fab to see. I took 5 minutes to do mine, embossing stamping and painting. Wow, I could make a hundred of these Christmas cards in no time. Thanks for a great challenge..xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow. My first time participating and I get moderators scolding in my comments Buh bye.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chrissie and I merely point out if our criteria isn't met. with absolutely no offence.
      We clearly state our challenge guidlines at the top of the blog.
      We welcome everyone to join in and do hope you will join us again.

      Shame you chose to stay anonymous with your comment

      Delete
  25. Okay, I entered 2 cards. The second one (197)was a realllllllllll challenge for me. Does not exactly meet all the guidelines, but I linked it anyway so maybe someone else can learn from my 'oops' moments. I really have trouble knowing when to stop, and stamping straight is still a challenge sometimes (that's why it's called a 'challenge', right?). Love that you comment when something isn't quite right. That's how we learn. Thanks for the challenge ladies.

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE NOTE: SPAM COMMENTS WILL NEVER BE PUBLISHED!

Thank you for your support and encouraging messages. We love to see you on our personal blogs too.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.