11 July 2015

Week 232 - One Layer

Morning Limettes, time for a new challenge
and it's ONE LAYER card week and we have chosen

MASCULINE
as the theme for your designs.

This is a tricky one on two counts, the one layer and the chaps...
so good luck folks, we're sure you'll come up with some cracking designs.

Here's our cards and there'll be some extra ones on our individual blogs
too so we'd love you to pay us a visit.

Sarah


Card Recipe:
Lots of 'white space' going on here! Using ...
Clearly Besotted: Laugh Out Load images and sentiments
Coloured with Zig Clear Clean Brush Pens


Anita


I masked a horizontal panel and blended Distress Inks in Pumice Stone, Walnut Stain and 
Faded Jeans.  I then used the ghosting technique by laying a stencil over the panel, 
Splatters by Tim Holtz, spritzed with water and removed the stencil then blotted with
 kitchen paper to remove the colour.  The sentiment from Clearly Besotted's 
Sentimental Type stamp set was stamped in Versafine Smokey Gray.




Acid Drops & What-Nots stamp from the 'sexy beast' set, 
what a brilliant sentiment!  Coloured with Copics and
 a doodled border added.



I stamped and white embossed this image, then masked and stamped the Hero Arts 
script over the top. I coloured it with watercolour pencils and a water brush. 
When dry I added some glossy accents and some micro beads for the foam, 
then glossy accents over the rest of the tankard.
It's not a smudge beneath the the tankard, but my attempt at shadow 
... as it looked a little ungrounded.


As always please keep your design Clean and Simple;
there were a few last week with multiple layers and embellishments.

We love to see that 'white space' and if you can visit your 
fellow participants with some friendly feedback too that would be
most appreciated - don't we all just love a comment or two!

Have some fun crafty time this weekend!

***



8 comments:

  1. FAB challenge - can't wait to have a go but (sadly) it will be this evening or tomorrow as I'm at a workshop ....., perhaps I could make something there .......

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a brilliant theme, it has my name all over it! Sadly I'm going to be away from my crafty bits all week so unless I can manage a quick one today I might not be able to play.
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. great challenge, love Sarah's card, i'm off to ponder about this challenge, while at the craftshop...20%off stamps today...hehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great challenge. And one layer and masculine. But I managed to do. Have a nice weekend, Ankie

    ReplyDelete
  5. for my card i was considering washi tape, is that still considered a one layer? as you stick it on top? just curious didn't use it in the end, but maybe for future ideas, i'd liek to know

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know, I know - the lovely Kathy K beat me to it even though I made my card on Saturday. Just entering for fun and as a little reminder to peeps not to hang about if they have an idea. Still laughing here about it :)

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi LIM ladies, though one one layer AND masculine but i made it, finally.
    Good to be back. HUgs Veerle x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super inspiration from the DT and such a hard challenge for me as I couldn't add even the tiniest embellishment! xx

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE NOTE: SPAM COMMENTS WILL NEVER BE PUBLISHED!

Thank you for your support and encouraging messages. We love to see you on our personal blogs too.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.