30 April 2011

Week 13 Lucky Dip Thank you or Congratulations Plus Guest Designer

Last week you could almost hear the gasp of relief which swept around the world like a Mexican Wave, from all the LIMettes when they realised there was no acetate or one layer cards required for last week's challenge.

We have another goody for you this week too. As we wanted to thank you for all the support we have received from the inception of our blog and to congratulate you on the fabulous entries you submit each week, the theme for our Lucky Dip this week is 

THANK YOU or CONGRATULATIONS

This week we are joined by our first LIMited Edition, Guest Designer, who is a keen contributor and produces the most beautiful creations, so a big welcome to 
Kerry (Pickle)
Do visit Kerry's blog and see her fabulous creations.
For my 'Thank you' card I decided to go back to a DL (Double length) card. I stamped my curiously named Penny Black, 'Carefree Smiles' stamp,  onto green paper using Versamark, sprinkled it with Stamp and Bond and heated it gently to melt. I then added gilding flakes in Variegated Green, pressed them down, tapped off the excess and then burnished the rest with a textured sponge which I bought recently at the NEC. It was called a scoochie or something like that, I can't remember exactly.
I then over-printed the image with my Stampin' Up French Script background stamp in Gold ink.
The sentiment is an unmounted stamp and sadly I can't remember the make of it, but it's one of my favourites which I heat embossed in gold.
 I often use it masked to just say 'thanks'.
TIP... I cover part of the stamp with sticky tape whilst I ink it and then pull off the tape before stamping.
My Congratulations card is a simple Heat embossed Stampin' Up image, gently coloured with a Copic marker and highlighted with part of a Martha Stewart  punched silver border, which made me think of the bubbles from the champagne.Congratulations on your fabulous submissions...please keep them coming!

Mandi


For my thank you card I used Stampin' Up speciality papers 'Sweet & Sour' for the stripes and flower, plus some basic black cardstock. The flowers are a new die from the fabulous mini catalogue 'Fun Flowers' All available to purchase through me here.
To make the flower I used one large die-cut and  2 small ones cut from paper and 1 small from black card stock. I stuck the 2 small onto the large one and took my scissors' edge and curled the petals slightly. Then taking the small black flower I cut down from the 'scalloped' edges to the bottom of the petal shape, making 3 strips on each. I curled these and bent toward the centre, then stuck into the top small flower layer. I have added a 10mm black gem to the centre, which is hard to see on the photo, sorry.

Onto my congratulations card I firstly printed 'Congratulations' onto the card stock, Al Fantasy Type Font Available here Then I stamped  the Papermania glasses stamp and cut with a Nestie. I added the blue hydrangea flowers and pearls. I punched tiny flower heads and stuck to the bottom of the glasses, Lastly I added liquid pearl dots to the tiny flower centres and glass stems.  I did the same pearl dots for the bubbles but sprinkled with them with Glamour Dust glitter.
.



 











A little note on placement: I The glasses panel is off centre, then I made sure the flowers were mounted so that there is about the same distance from the edge as the nestie with the glasses, giving balance.
A huge thank you to all of you from both of us, for making our blog the super success it has become, we truly appreciate your support and we'd love you to visit our personal blogs ...we love comments too!.
Congratulations everyone!

45 comments:

  1. Hi Chrissie and Mandi, thanks for a great theme this week!Your cards are beautiful as always. I am delighted to see Kerry as guest designer as I have followed her blog for a while now and her work is always amazing. Congrats Kerry!! xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great challenge:) Just hope I remember how to send it all over to you!! I will, i'm sure. Use it or lose it, as they say:)

    I love the cards you have made and congratulations to Kerry!!!
    love
    michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards ladies. Congrats to Kerry on the GD spot, I love her work.
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work ladies and congrats to Kerry , I love all your cards :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for a great challenge again this week - hope you are not lulling us into a false sense of security :)
    Cards are fabulous as always and congratulations to Kerry as guest designer

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great great cards. Congratulations to Kerry.
    Gr. marja

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely cards!! Thanks for a fun challenge!

    Hugs
    Birgit

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome to Kerry as our Guest Designer, I love her work. More great cards from Chrissie and Mandi, longing now to see what all the LIMettes produce.
    Jose

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for having me ladies :))
    Chuffed!
    Kerry x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another wonderful challenge and fabulous inspiration. Congratulations to Kerry for being Guest Designer.

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi there Ladies, another great challenge Thank You and well done! Brilliant cards!!
    Welcome GDT Kerry (Pickle) congrats and a beautiful card:0) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This has to be my favorite card challenge site! the creativity on this team is amazing ~ Thank you for challenging me to try & keep it simple. Love, -Karen

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another great challenge and wonderful DT work. Congrats to Kerry. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful inspiration from you both as usual. I'm hoping to get time to enter this week!

    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Mandi and Chrissie. You're going easy on us again this week - but I can't help thinking you're just working up to another killer! Thanks again for all the fun! Vx

    ReplyDelete
  16. All beautiful examples, so inspirational. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oooooohhhhhh...I found you via Jess's blog and think that I will give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Ladies
    Many many beautiful entries so far this week. Love this challenge and hopefully i can come up with something...
    Congratulations to Pickle for her GDT:-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. once again Mandi and Chrissie, your own cards are amazing, and now there's Kerry too!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi girls....fab challenge again,gorgeous cards from all three of you :0)...congrats Kerry on your GDT spot so well deserved!

    Have a fab day
    Take care
    San x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Chrissie and Mandi
    A Fab Challenge and some Fabby cards from everyone ....
    Congrats to Kerry her Cards are Great...love them
    hugs
    sylvie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi, another great challenge and some gorgeous cards for inspiration.

    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  23. Another fab challenge ladies, your cards are wonderful.
    Well done Kerry & Lizy!
    xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  24. Well done Kerry for been GD and also well done to Lizy on winning , and of course thanks to Manid and Chrissie for another fabby challenge.
    Nicky

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fabulous DT designs for this challenge and just LOVE our guest designer's creation.. Hope to take part later.

    ReplyDelete
  26. New week, new challenge and as much fun as usual!

    Anna-Karin

    ReplyDelete
  27. Helllllloooooo Girls
    gorgeous cards as always, fab guest designer, congratulations to the winner, sorry no personal comments taken me nearly 2hrs to bloomin blog this!
    Back to normal soon! luv sue,xxx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thank you for a great blog and fab challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  29. lovely cards!
    so glad I finally had a chance to play along, normally I enter more than 5 challenges at a time!
    I adore CAS cards!
    hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi Ladies, I'm really enjoying these challenges, thanx for the chance to join in. I love the CAS style & the DT's cards are super. I'm a regular visitor to Kerry's blog & love all her work, she is so inventive & well deserves to be asked to be a guest designer. I'd also like to thank you for leaving such kind comments on my entries.
    Sally x

    ReplyDelete
  31. More great cards from the DT and the other entrants - it's so interesting to see how everyone interprets the C&S theme.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oooh what's going on! I kept refreshing an old 'Less is More' page I keep open and nothing new appeared, I tried everyday. Today I saw a card someone had posted on their blog so followed that and now I see a new challenge and lots of cards.Oh dear...............best I get card making now! lovely cards ladies already and Lady LIM and Diva LIM Mandi fab cards :O) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hi girls I totally agree with you both, on card no 2. I uploaded another pic next to it.
    xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  34. Well, I am so glad I found this blog today...I just had to go have a try at it! What wonderful card samples, ladies...thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  35. fabulous cards girls and another great challenge...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  36. Great cards ladies and nice challenge.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  37. Beautiful cards ladies, thank for a great challenge ...
    Babs x

    ReplyDelete
  38. Hi all,
    Can i just say how much I am enjoying these challenges and seeing everyone's beautiful cards. I'm sorry if I've not left a comment on many - I've only just found out that there is a conflict with Firefox, Google ID and comments embedded below posts. Will try to comment from different browser in future!!
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  39. My first time playing here! The sample cards are lovely. :)

    ReplyDelete
  40. beautiful cards ladies I hope I managed to get it right this time? :(

    ReplyDelete
  41. Fab cards as always ladies, xx

    ReplyDelete
  42. Well I cut it fine this week, but managed to get my card in. Great inspiration projects ladies, and thanks for the challenge Hugs Lin

    ReplyDelete
  43. To Linda W...I think I cut it even finer.once I had done the linky thing it was only 1 min remaining.... lol. Sorry girls I won't get to visit your blogs this week, could only make my entry when hubby got home from work and that was 7pm this evening, I think it might just be the fastest card I have ever made!

    ReplyDelete
  44. I completely forgot to post my card this morning... I need to set myself a reminder LOL Nancy's Creative Mess

    ReplyDelete
  45. I got in a right pickle making a card at the last minute before we were off to the theatre and knowing I was going to miss the next couple as we are off on holiday. I posted it on my blog and then forgot to add it here :( Senile dementia or what! I've hardly managed to comment on anyone's creations this week, so apologies!
    Val x

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE NOTE: SPAM COMMENTS WILL NEVER BE PUBLISHED!

Thank you for your support and encouraging messages. We love to see you on our personal blogs too.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.