16 July 2011

Week 24 - Theme

 It seems to us that things are changing somewhat in Blogland. 
Is it just us, or are there rather more Clean and Simple and One Layer Card challenges finding their way into Challenge blogs here and there?
DO we have influence?
ARE things changing? 
Very Interesting!
All we know is that we are delighted with YOUR response to our challenges and now it's time for a new one.
There were wonderful contributions last week and I'm sure that this week will prove just as popular.
We have a theme which this week is 
CIRCLES
Please note that this is in the plural... we need to see more than one circle, so not just a circular card base or the odd circle thrown in just to qualify... we need you to think circles and see what you can come up with. Whilst you're thinking of your design however, we don't want you to forget the white space element and the CAS feel for your card.

When I got back from my holiday on Wednesday a little package from Mandi arrived for me which included this super piece of Stampin' Up designer paper. She knows I love these colours and really spoils me by giving me treats. I think this particular piece is wonderful and I built my card design around it.
The circular stamp is from Stampin' Up, Just Believe, stamped in Crumb Cake and Bashful Blue, punched out and mounted on Nesties.
The border is punched with a Martha Stewart border punch which is part of a Punch Around the Page set.
The sentiment is computer generated using One Fell Swoop and  AL Fantasy Type.

This second card obviously uses the same paper but this time cut with a Nestie circle. I then made a border with the straight border punch, adapting it so that it would fit around edge.

The flowers are made with Marianne dies and rolled, but can be made from a circle and cut by hand into a spiral.

The leaves are from one Marianne die, cutting the die-cut into two pieces and arranging one piece in each direction.

The sentiment is from SU's Curly Cute set.



To make a straight border curved
  • Punch a length of paper with the border punch matching up the design as you go.
  • Cut off  a strip of the paper leaving a small border 1cm or about .5 inch.

      • Snip at regular intervals, from the straight edge through to an aperture close to the patterned edge, leaving that edge intact.
      • Slightly overlapping the sections, stick the strip behind the curved edge you wish to decorate.


      Circles are something I use quite often, I like them! 

       I need to apologise for my picture this week. My camera decided to run out of life [am recharging] so it isn't as vibrant as I'd have liked.
      I started with a 6x6 white card base and punched 5 circles with my SU 1 3/8 circle punch. the papers  are Pink Petticoat [Harlequin and Fairy Dots]
      I placed the centre one first, then the outer ones, to ensure even placement. For my flower, this isn't my design, I'm sure all of you know how to make them, but in case there is anyone that doesn't I will explain briefly.
      I punched 4 scalloped circles in a coral colour. 
      To give a bit of flexibility, it's best to crease them.
      To do this, fold in half, crease, open out. Repeat this until you have 4 crease lines. Repeat for all 4 circles. Place them on top of each other and pierce a hole right through the centre of them all. Push a brad through and open the legs to secure the circles. Then the fun part. One by one pull the circles up into the centre brad, scrunching as you go. Repeat for all 4. Then you tweak them out slightly to the desired look. FAB aren't they! My brad is a lovely aqua colour, so I cut a daisy [Stampin Up die] and just used a small section, to tie in the aqua colour of the brad. The leaves are also die-cut with Crealies.
      For any Stampin Up products please feel free to contact me here
      Crealies dies can be bought from here

      Do hope you will have fun this week.

      That's all from LIM Towers, 
      Happy crafting, we look forward to seeing your entries
      Lady LIM Chrissie and Diva Mandi




      31 comments:

      1. Morning ladies, all 3 of your cards are FAB! Off to think 'cirles' now - I go round in circles often so shouldn't be too hard :0)
        have a great weekend
        Margaret x

        ReplyDelete
      2. Oh, I like this theme - circles - what fun!! Great inspiration cards.

        And you may be right about the CAS challenges - and I'm enjoying them all :)

        ReplyDelete
      3. What inspirational samples! I'm out today but will be having a think... Thanks ladies! Vx

        ReplyDelete
      4. Another wonderful theme and gorgeous inspiration, many thanks ladies, have a great weekend, Gay xxx

        ReplyDelete
      5. Fab samples...just gorgeous! I will seriously endeavour to do some commenting this week...I've just been so crazy busy lately!
        Lizy x

        ReplyDelete
      6. Thanks for a fun challenge! Your cards are so lovely! I´ve added mine!

        Hugs
        Birgit/Biggan

        ReplyDelete
      7. Hi Chrissie and Mandi,

        what a beauties you two made, it's such a fun to make these LIM cards.
        Thanks for the tutorials!

        hugs,

        Lins

        ReplyDelete
      8. The are great, marvelous. Beautiful cards. Love the borde you made and thanks for showing how to do.
        Greet and a nice weekend
        Marja

        ReplyDelete
      9. Hi Chrissie and Mandi

        *sigh* just love both your creations this week lady and Diva LIMettes. Great theme too!

        Take care

        Tina

        ReplyDelete
      10. Morning!! Thanks for another fabulous challenge.

        ali x

        ReplyDelete
      11. Thanks for another fun challenge girls - love the border punch as a circle edge idea!!

        ReplyDelete
      12. I haven't participated due to pressure of my own work but I do love to come here and see all the CAS offerings....I simply adore your cards today...and I do agree that you are influencing the trend of CAS - I love CAS but my customers want busy, busy and lots of handmade ribbon flowers and that's what they get but for me and mine I love simple.

        ReplyDelete
      13. What lovely cards ladies & great inspiration. Thanx for the little tut for creating a circle from a punched border Chrissie, might give it a go. Yes, you're right about more CAS challenges out there, I'd like to think that LIM has had some influence there somewhere. Looking foward to this week's circles challenge, now how hard can that be? Hmmm, say no more. :-)
        Sally x

        ReplyDelete
      14. All 3 cards are fabulous:) Sandra H

        ReplyDelete
      15. Wonderful inspirations, thank you for this challenge

        ReplyDelete
      16. Hi Girls
        gorgeous cards as always thanks for the fabby tips, will be here soon, sue,x

        ReplyDelete
      17. TFS these great cards & the technique how-to! ;-)

        ReplyDelete
      18. Fab challenge sorry cant play along we are away but brilliant Dt cards Luv Sue x

        ReplyDelete
      19. Another great challenge, loving your cards this week and thanks for the tutorial. Carol x

        ReplyDelete
      20. 3 more fab cards from Chrissie and Mandi and thanks for sharinf the tip about the border punch xxx

        ReplyDelete
      21. Love your cards C&M, great inspiration as always:O), hmmm circles off for a think now!!! :O) Viv xx

        ReplyDelete
      22. Great theme again! And thanks for the circular border tutorial. brilliant!

        Lynne x

        ReplyDelete
      23. I love your cards. I had difficulty with this at first and still couldn't come up with a sentiment for my card. Hazel x

        ReplyDelete
      24. Great challenge, as always, ladies and LOVE that little tut for the curved border. Now, why can't I think of things like that?? :-)
        Caroline xxx

        ReplyDelete
      25. Great tutorial, I'm going to try that with a couple of other border punches I have to see how it works.
        Great inspiration ladies, I'm having some fun here ;-)

        ReplyDelete
      26. hi girls,chrissy took your advice deleted the previous card and added another,hugs cheryl x
        stunning cards as always,hugs cheryl xxxxxx
        thanks for your help hun

        ReplyDelete
      27. Thank you so much for your wonderful comment. :)

        ReplyDelete
      28. Brilliant challenge and cards girls! and awesome entries! hope my card is ok! but I have had some fun and love your jellies Mandi! thanks for those! :0)

        ReplyDelete
      29. Thank you for this week's theme - it enabled me to play a bit more with one of my latest embossing folders.

        Wonderful aray of work appearing in the entry links.

        Toni xx

        ReplyDelete
      30. Love your site and thanks for the opportunity to express our creations.

        ReplyDelete

      PLEASE NOTE: SPAM COMMENTS WILL NEVER BE PUBLISHED!

      Thank you for your support and encouraging messages. We love to see you on our personal blogs too.

      In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.