06 August 2011

Week 27- Colour

Some luscious entries were made in our challenge this last week and our mouths were watering looking at some of the fabulous creations.

Our Sponsor this month is Ruth from A Passion For Stamps, who is generously donating 8 digi images to August's winner.
There is a little information from Ruth on our sidebar, do visit her site and check out her fabulous images.

This week it's time for another colour challenge and for your delectation this week, we have decided to ask you make a card  using the 
COLOURS 
of 
YOUR NATION'S FLAG!
We should be able to see quite a variety of colours this week as we are fortunate enough to have crafters from all around the world sharing in our challenges. If you could describe the colours of your flag or include an image of it, that would be great.

We (Mandi & Chrissie) have the option of our English, St. George's flag or the  Union Jack, of the United Kingdom
 We decided to do one to represent each!



Chrissie
My 'English' card consists of a SU heart from the retired Mon Ami set, mounted on a length of rescued ribbon and some Pink Petticoat Harlequin paper. The latter two being placed on a sections of card with the sides embossed to form a finished edge.
The sentiment from Personal Impressions was cut by a large rectangular Nestie, passed twice through the Cuttlebug to scale down the size.

My 'British' card is for my niece who is about to move into a new house. I saw these stamps yesterday and although rather pricey in the venue where I saw them, I just couldn't resist them. They are from Dylusions by Dyan Reavley. The blue is a tad darker than it really should be, but I hope we can put that down to artistic licence! The spotty section is from a Waltzing mouse stamp and the sentiment from Stampin' Up.
I'm sorry the photographs are dreadful, even with Picasa's help... I may try to improve on them later.

Mandi
'English Rose' was in my head and it wasn't going anywhere!! lol


I decided to take the top right segment of the flag for my design.
Supplies used
15cm [6"] square card base
All from Stampin Up
'Real Read' ink, 'Real Red' card, 'Little Leaves' Sizzlit die, Growing Green stamp set, 'Silver Glass Glitter' for the centres of the flowers, 'Boho Blossoms' punch and a tiny punch I had free on a magazine years ago.


For my second card, again 15cm [6"] square card base. I firstly cut 2 blue and 2 red 4.5 cm squares and stamped the Rubber Stampede 'Etched Rose Background' stamp in Versamark. I then heat embossed with white embossing powder. I particularly cut the squares first, so whilst it was more fiddly, it meant the embossing wouldn't crack and come off if I cut them afterwards. I stuck to the card as shown, then made a rolled 'English' rose, die by Marianne. The leaves are Crealies, as the leaves that came with the rose die were a little large.

For Stampin Up supplies  please feel free to contact me via here

We shall look forward to seeing your cards maybe your flags too!


Have a good week.

33 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He!! He!! Great challenge - must read the post better next time. Off to do a Scottish Themed one.
    Maureen..........x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was about to say...
    Read again Maureen lol
    mandi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab challenge this week and gorgeous creations from you both as usual! :D
    Lizy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous challenge, I know you have said the English flag and the Union Jack, any chance of using the Scottish one?
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Beryl we have stated you do a card to represent YOUR nation's flag. Chrissie and I did England cos we are English!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is worse than acetate!! LOL
    This one will really mess with me. I have never been able to do a RW&B card. **sigh**

    Off to give this one a try.....
    PS - you ladies rocked the colors. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this challenge! Fabulous samples ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another fabulous challenge - I don't know where you get such great ideas.
    Your cards are brilliant examples - looking forward to seeing what everyone else comes up with.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for cute prize!! Love it all..but today I couldn´t use it..:) I´ve added mine yellow and blue card! :)

    Hugs
    Birgit

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ladies what a fun challenge, and great inspiration cards too.Thanks

    Bev.x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful cards. I was late starting this one but I've enjoyed it. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  13. This week is a great challenge, I have made the colours of my flag for a card this morning, BUT definitely NOT CAS, and as Mandi didn't like one and did like the other of my cards last week, I MUST abide by the rules LOL.

    Our Illiustrious leaders know what is right. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fab challenge...There'll be a lot of red white and blue this week tho!
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Super theme, loved your examples. Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Chrissie and Mandi,

    great challenge and your cards are always so inspiring and beautiful as ever.

    Lins :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi I just found this challenge & hope I don't have too much on my card.
    It's Blue & White for Scotland
    Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  18. you guys always come up with brilliant challenges and just stunning designs,hugs cherylxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fabulous challenge, great idea. Sorry I've been AWOL everyone - not had time to make my entry OR comment on anyones yet this week as were away celebrating our silver anniversary. Hoping to start catching up shortly!

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great challenge girls. And as usual you've both made fabulous cards to inspire us. Thanks.

    Kat x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Chrissie and Mandi, what lovely cards you've created. I somehow just recently found your wonderful challenge, so I thought I would enter my first card (#151 above). I don't have a blog, but I do have a photostream on Flickr.
    Thank you for your inspiration!
    -Martha

    ReplyDelete
  22. Another great challenge! Also I just found "Less is More" is mentioned in PaperCraft Inspirations magazine ! :-)Congratulations !!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Saw the challenge in a caravan on a tiny netbook that wouldn't show any pictures because of an agonisingly slow internet connection...how frustrating was that! Back now and loving those samples. Thanks for another fab challenge ladies! Vx

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm on my hols in Holland with Belgian hubby - would have made a great flag mix! Will be home soon, kissing my craft room with passion and itching to go!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lovely challenge, great job by DT!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi, so sorry for my English, is poor, because i am from El Salvador, America Center.
    I love this blog!!! and i would like you accept me please.
    Here is my card, with the colors from my countrie: blue and white.
    Thank you!! all your cards are wonderful!!
    Greetings from El Salvador.
    God bless you.
    Flor DToscana.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wonderfull nspiration cards Chrissy and Mandy Luv Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Such a fab challenge. It's lovely to see everyones super creations. Thank you Chrissie and Mandi for your wonderful inspiration x

    ReplyDelete
  29. Very fun challenge - hopping on board at the 11th hour, kept meaning to sit and craft, but finally got to it today. Love the sample cards, and Mr. Linky is so filled with inspirational artwork. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Great challenge. I finished it 15 minutes too late, but I loved it. Hopefully I'll have creative time early next week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. I did this card inspired by the challenge, but was unfortunately too late to participate the challenge...

    ReplyDelete
  32. I was looking for an image of the Union Jack and came upon this page. When looking at the image I felt something was wrong so I dug deeper and came across this wiki page - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Union_Flag - which describes the construction of the flag. From this it is clear that the image you have used is not the Union Jack.

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE NOTE: SPAM COMMENTS WILL NEVER BE PUBLISHED!

Thank you for your support and encouraging messages. We love to see you on our personal blogs too.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.