24 September 2011

WEEK 34


Well what a Week!
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU
You girls certainly know how to keep us busy and what a TREMENDOUS effort on the part of SO many LIMettes.
It was almost with tongue in cheek that we suggested that we try for 1000 submissions in one week, but you very nearly did it, congratulations everyone! We are absolutely delighted.
Our eyes are now rectangular and our fingers are flat!
We visited everyone, but we couldn't leave comments for all... there were quite a few submissions with Word Verification still in place and this takes so much extra time, which this week we didn't have!
 So PLEASE TURN OFF WORD VERIFICATION
After making SO many comments, it would have been wonderful to receive a few more on our own personal blogs, but there are still some problems on accessing Chrissie's blog we understand.

** If you can't leave Chrissie a comment, maybe you would try accessing her blog through a different browser. Tara couldn't via Firefox, but, could via Internet Explorer. Mandi uses Safari and that works fine ** Thank you
Mandi says Failing all else, leave it on here, LIM and I will copy it to Chrissie's blog

We seem to have had little time for our sample cards this week and here we are back with a 

SKETCH



This is a digi image from A Day for Daisies.(I really got into my pears the other week), which I printed and masked before adding the stamping from three Paper Artsy stamps.
The pears are coloured with Promarkers and the sentiment is from Stampin' Up stamped with Memento ink in London Fog.



This one involves a little bit of simple recycling.
 It always seems such a waste to throw Christmas cards out after the celebrations are all over and so the ones I don't send for official recycling, I keep back for reuse on my cards.
There were five little robins in a row, I now have five little cards with a robin on each!
The corners were cut with my new Crop a Dile  Corner Chomper and the image mounted on some red backing with small pearls added to the corners. The sentiment is another from the same SU set as the first card.






As the sentiment is printed on the computer I needed to do this on an A4 sheet first. I worked out the position using a scrap sheet. The font is Champignon. This is a 6" [15cm] square card. The square panel is about 8cm square. Once the sentiment was printed, it was scored using a score board, folded in half lengthways and 6cm was trimmed off, making a 15cm square card base.
 I cut the square and stamped the Anita's daisy flower randomly in Stampin Up Tempting Turquoise and Old Olive. I joined the daisies with lines and leaves by hand using a Stampin Up black marker. Finally I added the 6mm black gems to the centres of the 3 whole daisies. The panel is mounted on 3D foam.


I had a bit of a lesson from Chrissie, as to how to do inked backgrounds! [She is SO FAB at it, as you know]. Taking a sheet of smooth white cardstock roughly measuring 7cm square, I inked the background. [There was no need to mask an area as I was trimming to size later] Whilst this isn't perfect I thought it was 'OK' I used Stampin' Up ink pads Rich Razzlebury, Melon Mambo and Peach Parfait and made the effect using SU daubers. The process of the sentiment placement was easy as it's the same as above! This time the font is Dear Joe 1 M&S. I stamped the Hero Arts Palm Tree onto the left hand side of the panel. To finish I stamped over the square with Versamark and heat embossed it with clear powder. The panel is mounted on 3D foam.

*** Only ONE place left ***
UK residents only please
Can I give a last shout out for my Stampers 6 Club.
£25 per month spend [plus £2.50 postage] for 6 months
I need 4 members to start the club October 1st.  Just a reminder... you get a FREE BRAND NEW catalogue, you become a virtual hostess for one of the 6 months and get to choose goods to the value of
AT LEAST £25.00.
Stampin Up products are fabulous, high quality, with matching card stock and inks, also some ribbons, buttons, etc.
You really will not be disappointed. 
I can also promise you service to match!
Contact me Mandi overmoores@aol.com or 07921 524090
or via here 
*** Only ONE place left ***

We don't expect that there will be 1000 submissions this week, but we'd like to welcome back all those who joined us for the first time this last week and hope that you'll join us on a regular basis. We would love it if you could visit other LIMettes to leave a friendly comment.
Have a great week and thanks again.

30 comments:

  1. Good morning ladies
    I just had to pop in & see how things had ended up with your 1000 challenge.
    Well done for really challenging us - I really thought you would make the 1000.
    I love the look of this weeks challenge & will not leave it to the last minute before I take part.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ladies - as always your inspiration cards are lovely. I like the sketch and will have a think and be back later. An amazing number of cards submitted last week - hats off to you both for commenting on so many!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous cards ladies - sadly still can't get on Chrissie's blog!
    Margaret x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there Chrissie and Mandi, Stirling effort, I can't imagine either of you had time to breath last week, well done, you were marvellous! I still am unable to leave a comment for Chrissie but want to say 'more gorgeous cards Chrissie:0) Thank you for the inspiration'
    Mandi, fab work as ever, love your cards:0)Hopefully this week will be a little calmer, with a lovely simple sketch! Gay xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous crads all of them. very beautiful.
    Nice weekend and lovely greet
    Marja

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Ladies, tried to leave a comment on Chrissie's Blog but with no luck. Fantastic creations from you both,will try and leave comments again later in the week.
    An easy challenge this week, thanks again for last weeks which was fun and i got to make some more cards for charity. Hope you both have a great week and less numb fingers lol:-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab sketch for this weeks challenge and oh wow what a great effort for last week, amazing cards and so many entries :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi ladies, such a shame you didn't reach the 1000 target but to get over 700 entries in one week is tremedous. A gold star to you both! Smashing DT cards this week & I can't wait to get creating on my entry, I just hope my mojos back today.
    Sally M x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an amazing achievement, Congratulations.

    Love this challenge, thanks for all your efforts and hard work.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well done C&M for all the commenting last week, gold star for you both! So many cards last week!!!!! great entries again already, look forward to seeing more this week :O) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. BIG congratulations to both of you C & M for your tremendous effort in visiting all of our blogs to leave such kind comments! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Chrissie and Mandi. Congratulations on last weeks great achievement. 782 enteries is incredible and even more so was you commenting on most of them. Another great challenge this week which I have really enjoyed taking part in. Sue

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations ladies. your commenting alone was a massive achievement. Cheers Caz

    ReplyDelete
  14. Shame that the 1000 wasn't quite reached but there were a fab number of entries...and it looks like folk are up and running on the latest challenge.

    Super cards Chrissie & Mandi.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Another fun challenge! Well done last week!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Last week was phenomenal - how great must you two feel?!! Nearly 800 entries - but of course the flip side of that coin is 800 comments from you two! Hope your fingers have recovered slightly but I predict numerous entries this week too with this gorgeous sketch! Vx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi there Mandi and Chrissie, I want to say what an amazing inspiration your blog is and althoguh I have not posted ever on it (I did make one card once too late to enter - story of my life) I often use your tips and ideas!
    So I want to say a huge congratulations and thank you to two wonderful crafters, Shaz in Oz.x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for the inspiration to join in again!
    xoxo Sioux

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fantastic inspiration, thanks LIMettes, x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fab cards, girls! Very inspiring!
    Simone

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow this is an amazing sketch this week one that l thought was great to work with l have just placed my entry, your Dt cards are wonderful great inspiration from you all :) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  22. I think I finally got a worth less is more card made, you girls are very inspiring. Hope lots of entries again this week!

    ReplyDelete
  23. You have me hooked. Simple cards are so elegant, and your cards are so inspirational. You can take that to the bank.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great inspiration but struggled with this for some reason.Just couldn't decide which stamp to use so I may try again tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Sorry you didn't quite reach 1000! I just missed the deadline last week. But you did SO well !!! Hope you have another go soon!
    Love the sketch and DT cards!
    Hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Fabulous cards Chrissie and Mandi! I have Firefox and managed to leave a comment at Chrissie's blog after blocking one of the addies :)

    Warm hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thanks for a great challenge ladies, great cards as always from you both xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Cards, as always, beautiful. The inclusion and diversity theme on one map, and how much creativity. I congratulate all colleagues. It is impossible not to marvel at these works.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Fabulous cards all of them,it is the great challenge for ladies..........Great card as always from you both!!!
    custom credit cards

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE NOTE: SPAM COMMENTS WILL NEVER BE PUBLISHED!

Thank you for your support and encouraging messages. We love to see you on our personal blogs too.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.