01 October 2011

Week 35

Here we are again and it's time for another COLOUR challenge.
This week we have chosen
THE COLOUR OF YOUR EYES
You don't necessarily have to have an exact match, but if your eyes are blue, then any shade of blue will be fine, likewise with brown, grey, green etc.. (We aren't as mean as all that!)
However, the colour you choose should be the predominant colour on your card... we don't want to see just a hint of it.

Here are some canvas bags we made.Watch out for these walking around craft shows in the future! We could fit quite a few goodies in these babies!
Today is apparently World Card Making Day,
 so let's show the world what you can do!
Now for our cards

Chrissie

This week I've been messing around with this leaf stamp from Paper Artsy. Many of you have seen the robin, chicken and penguin on my blog that I have made this week and so as my eyes are a bluish colour, here is a little bluebird! The branch is from a SU punch and the sentiment is computer generated in Jenna Sue font.
This one again uses Distress inks. The base layer is swiped with Stormy Sky, Weathered Wood and Chipped Sapphire, the middle layer is embossed with a Crafts Concepts folder and the Paper Artsy Image is stamped using Chipped Sapphire. The sentiment is from SU's So Happy For You set. This is stamped with Midnight Blue Stazon as I really don't think that Distress Inks stamp precisely enough for sentiments.
I actually think that my eyes are more like the Weathered Wood colour rather than any of the others, but I can dream!

Mandi

Well I have green eyes! I made my card, showed my Mum and she said, lovely but your eyes aren't that colour! ha ha I made her look in the bright sun and she said OH, they are...sort of!
So there you go!

This fabulous motif stamp is Viva Decor, Baroque Set. I'd never heard of this set until our lovely LIMette Viv used it here.
I LOVE it! [I got mine on good ol' eBay]
I used this shape as I felt it replicated the shape of the eye.As the stamp is clear one and doesn't take dye ink overly well. I stamped with a couple of Versamark ink pads first Sage and Bamboo, then inked with Stampin up Pear Pizazz to finish. It gives for a slightly mottled effect.
 The sentiment, I printed first from the computer in Young Love font. I played around for ages on placement. So have scraps of this design everywhere! Of course, my obligatory bling in the centre! Oh to have eyes the colour of the gem!


*** Only ONE place left ***
UK residents only please
£25 per month spend [plus £2.50 postage] for 6 months
I need 4 members to start the club October 1st [Today, but, order to be placed by 10th of this month]  Just a reminder... you get a FREE BRAND NEW catalogue, you become a virtual hostess for one of the 6 months and get to choose goods to the value of
AT LEAST £25.00.
Stampin Up products are fabulous, high quality, with matching card stock and inks, also some ribbons, buttons, etc.
You really will not be disappointed. 
I can also promise you service to match!
Contact me Mandi overmoores@aol.com or 07921 524090
or via here 
*** Only ONE place left ***

17 comments:

  1. Ladies - what an inspired idea!! Absolutely love it - now I'm off to a Promarker class this morning, but I'll have a think about this one for later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great challenge!I love all of the examples above-they're fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an ispired idea ladies. A great challenge. The examples are beautiful. Love them very much.
    Lovely greet and nice weekend
    Marja

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun challenge!! Thanks! Your cards are so inspiring!

    Hugs fom a brown-eyed girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what a super idea C&M, I am glad you got the stamp too Mandi ( got mine from ebay also). Am so tempted to CASE my old card again but this time in blue he he! Great cards already fellow LIMettes too:O) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is going to be a difficult one for me. I've never really liked the color of my grey/blue eyes. But then your cards give such inspiration. I hope to be back with an entry.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great challenge. You are definately going to have to get them to make up a lot of those bags - all the LIMettes are going to want one!!!
    Tara x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for another great challenge your cards are amazing and truly are an inspiration to us all and those bags are fantastic:) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely cards ladies xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  10. another great challenge girls and super DT samples,hugs cherylxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cool challenge! And challenge it is with plain old brown. ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  12. great challenge ,my eyes are light blue ,so i made a card for you xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi ladies, Just wanted to say what a different idea for the challenge this week very inventive:0) I'm still unable to leave a comment on Chrissie's blog so I would just like to say, beautiful cards and lucky you having blue eyes, Gay xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi girls
    great challenge as always i do hope to get back to you soon, luv the bags they look fab, sue,x

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a wonderful challenge. The gallery looks amazing!
    :O)
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE NOTE: SPAM COMMENTS WILL NEVER BE PUBLISHED!

Thank you for your support and encouraging messages. We love to see you on our personal blogs too.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.