22 October 2011

Week 38

We seem to have stumped a few people with our challenge last week as the submissions were the fewest we've seen to any of our challenges, although there were some stunning entries. 
This week we have a really easy recipe which is simply
POLKA DOTS
As long as your design is Clean and Simple, has some white space (or its equivalent) and polka dots in evidence somewhere, it will be perfect for this challenge.

Mandi

This week I did an A5 card [A4 folded] Firstly I printed the sentiment,I  knew roughly where I wanted it placed as I print sentiments often and save lots of different positions.
The vases are PTI Gracious Vases. I LOVE this set, it's a popular one and used to perfection by many.
The polka dot circle is printed from Pink Petticoat
The vases are stamped in Versamark 'Turquiose' and 'Boysenberry' The central black vase is cut out and mounted onto 3d foam. The flower stems I thought matched the polka dots!
The 'shelf' is cut from Stampin Up Top Note die.

For Stampin' Up products please contact me here.

For this card I stamped a large Waltzing Mouse polka dot stamp onto some hammered card. I didn't want a completely covered texture, so the uneven surface of the card worked perfectly for this.
I then cut the edges of the stamped strip with the scalloped cutting blade on my Woodware trimmer and chopped it up into triangles.
The trunks of the trees were stamped with a sentiment stamp from SU and the greeting is from SU Contempo Christmas. I'm working on some more similar Christmas trees but using masking techniques instead and different background stamps for the various layers of the trees, It will be interesting to see how they turn out.

Fewer cards from us this week, so let's see lots of inspiration from all our wonderful LIMettes!

22 comments:

  1. Great challenge but where's Mr Linky thingy??
    Loving your cards lady lim's xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. your cards are so clean and elegant as allways. Love this so much. Beautiful ladies.
    Lovely greet and nice weekend
    Marja

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great samples. I agree clean and elegant describes them perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh I just love polka dots so count me in. Great samples already C&M and fellow LIMettes....now off for a think :O) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Polka dots are great fun! Thanks for another great challenge ladies! Vx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great cards I definitely need to play along with this challenge. Now I need to find me some polka dots.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks like a great challenge, love your inspirational cards too :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooo, I love polka dots & can't wait to get started! Thanx ladies.
    Sally x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great challenge, just what I need to get my crafty brain kick started after my hols. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love polka dots also..so think i will give this a try..love your blog..you finally got me thinking out of the box with your art..now it;s time to enter some challenges..loves ya

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi girls
    as always a great challenge & gorgeous Dt cards, sue,x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow there are some wonderful cards posted so far this week. Thank you ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I got white space for you this time. Thanks for letting me play along. Love you how you made the shelf.

    ReplyDelete
  14. morning girls,stunning cards as always and such super inpsiration sorry not been able to play last couple of weeks,but made a real effort this week,if its not,right,please do not worry,as not sure if I have too many layers or not,thanks again girls for some amazing example,s love hugs cheryl xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Another fun challenge, thanks Ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ah, that's better! Polka dots I can do, cocktails hmmm... that was a tricky one! Although saying that, that entry could have been used for this one too as it had polka dots on it. That has happened to me a few times!

    Thanks for a great challenge ladies and loving the samples xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, I love polka dots so this was definitely a challenge for me. Thanks for the fun.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Another fabulous challenge! Love your polka dot trees!

    ReplyDelete
  19. C & M - oh I am sooo new to all this blog stuff. I have added your banner to my blog - hope that is ok to do - there are a lot of rules and regulations and I dont want to do something I shouldnt!!! Please pop along and leave a comment or join me as my first follower - you are my first banner!! These cards are so gorgeous so I hope to be part of your next challange.
    Elaine @ Molly Walrus

    ReplyDelete
  20. Chrissie thanks for following and word verification is off. Thanks for help.
    Elaine @ Molly Walrus

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks so much for the challenge :o)
    Hopefully my entry is as required as so often, I don't know when to stop! lol.
    This is a good exercise training for me haha.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for the fun girls, I am in the place, just in time ;-)

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE NOTE: SPAM COMMENTS WILL NEVER BE PUBLISHED!

Thank you for your support and encouraging messages. We love to see you on our personal blogs too.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.