29 October 2011

Week 39 Lucky Dip - Stars

This month once more we have 5 Saturdays and so we have another Guest Designer joining us for our Lucky Dip week. Her work is known and admired by us all and we are delighted that 
has agreed to be our Star Guest this month!
She gives so much inspiration to her fellow LIMettes and anyone else who reads her blog for that matter and we are delighted that she could join us.

As Vicky is such a star, it gave us the inspiration for our challenge for this week!
It is...
*STARS*
Details of how Vicky made these cards can be found on her blog here

For my first card I decided to do a Split Negative card. 
For this I stamped one image in Versamark onto a black background which I then embossed with Snowflake Tinsel embossing powder. I stamped another image onto a white background and embossed that with Black Twinkle embossing powder. After trimming both images I then cut them in half vertically and put half of each image with its negative. As you can see, the other halves don't get wasted, you put those together to make another card. The stamp I believe is Hero Arts.

My next card uses my favourite emboss resist technique and I had fun getting inky with this Artemio star.
I stamped it with Versamark and clear embossed it, then sponged ink with a dauber in Bashful Blue and Night of Navy. I over stamped a few SU Splodges and embossed them with Snowflake Tinsel embossing powder.

The border is from a Martha Stewart punch and a small star charm is suspended from a double ribbon. The sentiment is from Hero Arts.


It's great having the wonderful Vicky with us today, you all know how fabulous she is!


 For my card I Printed the sentiment from the computer using Century Gothis font. Then stamped the tree from a small Kanban set. It's a FAB little collection of trees.
The star is a Stampin' Up punch, triple embossed to give that glorious glossy look!

We talk about our inspiration....
here's mine........
MY TOES all ready for my hols LOL
Now I couldn't leave you without a bit of 'Mandi Bling' 




I am in total holiday mode now. My ever increasing list is almost ticked off. I've neglected you all this week...I'm SO sorry.


I shall not be on a cruise this week... but I will be at the NEC on THURSDAY!
I shall carry my "Less is More" tote bag (with Chrissie written on it) and if anyone is going on Thursday, DO please stop to say HI!
If any LIMette knows she will be there that day and would like to say hello... if you email me prior to the day, I can send you my mobile number.
I wonder what goodies are to be had this time!!
Have a great week everyone!

16 comments:

  1. Morning ladies wonderful cards and challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant challenge from you all again this week with some lovely entries already. So sorry to be missing it because of my rehab. Also finding sitting at the PC for too long difficult so my apologies for not commenting on many entries over the last few weeks. I hope to be back and crafting/blogging soon as I'm missing it like crazy!

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous. Specially I love the split negative card. So beautiful.
    Lovely greet
    Marja

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great challenge again, everyone is so quick to post too lol.Also loving the split negative card ! 'puter playing up so if I go missing soon you'll know why! :O) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely cards!! Thanks for the challenge! Love these Saturday mornings :)

    Hugs
    Birgit

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Chrissie for your message on my blog,you're right my card has got a star and I'm happy to discover your blog,it's now in my bookmarks. Your cards are gorgeous !See you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you,I've now found my design for this year's Christmas cards!,x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Girls! Sure did miss you last week! Glad to be back with this fun challenge. Love your samples -- that pop of color above the tree - gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful designs for the Stars theme. This is my first attempt at your challenge. I have been following you for a while, and finally plucked up the courage to try one of your challenges. Thank you for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  10. hello, toute mes excuses, j'avais proposé ma carte a trop de challenges effectivement, l'erreur est réparée, merci a tous, biz

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Chrissie & Mandi you have set another great challenge and great cards on show here thank you:) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely samples there everyone - for first time have a card made before deadline!! Thanks for all your brilliant ideas though, Shaz in oz.x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love those toes, oh the cards are great too ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. stunning cards guys as always super challenge too,hugs cherylxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your blog and your concept of 'less is more'. I hope I can take part in more challenges 'in time'. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is the first time I've taken part in a Less is More challenge - I've always been too nervous! I think your cards are beautiful and I love looking at what others have submitted. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE NOTE: SPAM COMMENTS WILL NEVER BE PUBLISHED!

Thank you for your support and encouraging messages. We love to see you on our personal blogs too.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.