17 December 2011

Theme Week 46

So, is everyone ready for Christmas? 
We do hope the last couple of challenges assisted in getting those final cards made,
or all in Mandi's case!
Thank you for all the snowy cards last week, luckily we have escaped the real white stuff so far down in our neck of the woods.

This week is Theme week and we have chosen
MUSIC
We get together and decided on the challenges for each week, some are obivoulsy more Chrissie, or more Mandi... it's no surprise that this week is more Chrissie!

We do hope you enjoy it and please be as creative as possible. If you don't have any musical stamps, maybe you would like to theme your card to a song.

One little tip: Chrissie can spot upside down music at 100 yards..so be careful!

Another little note re our showCASe choices. We know we are behind, but will endeavour to rectify that over the course of the next week. As you can appreciate LIM takes up a lot of time which we have been desperately running out of lately.

Have fun!

Chrissie
This card uses the Notes wheel from Stampin' Up and an image from Magenta of 3 instruments, which has been coloured with Copics, cut out and then embossed with clear embossing powder.
The sentiment is from SU Plane and Simple.
Mandi mentioned about me spotting music manuscript that has been added to cards upside down... if you're not sure about which way up it should be, a quick tip is to look at the quavers (the notes with a stick and one curly flick) The tail (or flick)should always be on the right hand side of the stick.
Details of how I made this one plus a few other music related cards are on my personal blog, here.

Mandi

Horrendous to photograph again!

6x6 card base, hammer effect card I buy from here
Sentiment printed on computer, font is Adore
The snowflakes are Martha Stewart, jewel embellishment from Hobby House and Glamour Dust to finish.
I don't think it needs much interpretation, but, my 'music' is of course 'White Christmas' probably one of the most beautiful Christmas songs ever.
I did make another version too, when I remembered my music EF!

We'd like you to interpret the theme in whatever way you wish... we don't want to preclude you from entering this challenge should you have no music related stamps... we know that just by looking at Mandi's gorgeous card, you'll be humming away in no time! So do get creative!
Join us, we'd love to see your musical creations!

16 comments:

  1. Great cards to inspire us as always - this is certainly an interesting challenge to think about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to try this!

    I'm another one who hates it when music is the wrong way round. I'm constantly amazed at stamps and papers which actually have (some of) the notes backwards or upside down. Grrrr.!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shouldn't be joining in today at all but am powerless to resist! Thanks for the stunning inspiration ladies. Vx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very beautiful as usual ladies. My compliments and have a nice weekend
    Marja

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ladies, as always you come up with a brilliant challenge - perfect for this time of year and open to all sorts of interpretations.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have just received some music stamps that I have not used yet. How good is that. Won't be able to do a card until later but will get my thinking cap on. Thank you ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous challenge, will get thinking! I made some christmas cards with a musical theme a few weeks ago but they didn't qualify for less is more!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think we are all busier with Xmas coming along, me included but I couldn't resist looking at the challenge again today. Great cards as always everyone, will try and join in when I get a moment :) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful choice and gorgeous cards ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great theme! Can't wait to make a card tomorrow :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful cards ladies - eeh I really panicked when I first saw this theme - I will upload my cards later!
    My laptop is back from the most awful virus infection so I should be able to take part now! Hugs Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  12. My first entry so hope it fits the challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I wasn't going to post until after Christmas. You made me do it. Thanks for the great fun.

    ReplyDelete
  14. A brilliant challenge which had me singing all the time! I don't know if you are doing a challenge next week but if not, I wish you all a very happy Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm sorry but mr. linky works not goed. No image you can see :-(

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am a little late, but I still made my card... had 15 minutes to pick my card and go to work... So I took my time and made this one: http://www.alineblogt.nl/2011/12/less-is-more-004

    And I loved this theme and your cards, they are a great inspiration... :D

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE NOTE: SPAM COMMENTS WILL NEVER BE PUBLISHED!

Thank you for your support and encouraging messages. We love to see you on our personal blogs too.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.