28 January 2012

Week 52 - Sketch

Here we are at the final week of our first year in existence. What a wonderful year it's been, with so many faithful followers and dedicated participants in our challenges.
 We have been delighted to see so many crafters coming to love the Clean and Simple genre as much as we do!
Thank you everyone for making our dream such a success.
We'd like to WELCOME all the new contributors we've seen during the past few weeks, however, there seem to be quite a few people still using Word Verification... it would make commenting much simpler for us if you could please TURN IT OFF!
Thanks.

For our challenge this week we have a SKETCH and we have a few basic ground rules.
We would like the card to be
  • rectangular
  • in landscape orientation
  • with the band remaining in a vertical position 
As it's a very simple sketch,  we would like it to remain as is without any rotation of either the card or the vertical band.

Chrissie
This card incorporates the 'Black Magic' technique.

  • I began with a piece of black paper and stamped the flowers using one of the outline stamps from SU's  Fast and Fabulous set, in Black Archival ink, which I then embossed with clear Embossing powder. 
  • I then overstamped these images, using the co-ordinating solid flower stamp in SU white ink, carefully aligning them with my DIY Lego Stamp positioner.
  • When the ink was completely dry and using watercolour pencils, I then coloured the petals with a couple of shades of pink, blending the colours slightly using a water brush and adding a few highlights with a white pencil.
  • The crackle background was added using SU Craft white ink.
This panel was then mounted on a piece of white card and the extreme edges embossed with an embossing stylus.
The sentiment is by Kaisercraft.

I masked this card with Post it notes to expose just the vertical panel.
I dusted this with Iced Spruce DI using an ink duster brush and then stamped it with a background stamp from Glitz it Now plus a damask stamp from Heidi Swapp, using the same ink.
The butterfly is made from a Dienamics die with lightly inked edges, glittered with Glamour Dust and embellished with a few pearls.
The sentiment is from the same Kaisercraft set as the previous card.
I bought both sets of stamps on my shopping trip with Anne (Stargroves) the other day. (What fun)

Mandi


A you can see I made a boo boo and put the sentiment in the wrong place...DON'T do as I do!!!

As England is on the brink of snow, I thought  I'd remind us that Spring is around the corner!!
For my card I used some ribbed kraft card [but turned that inwards] I made a 'DL' [double length card from a sheet of A4. I stamped the beautiful branch from the Stampin' up set 'Easter Blossoms' in Soft Suede, as I thought that it toned in well with the kraft. The blue 'sky' is Bashful Blue, also from Stampin' Up. The little dabs of pink on the blosson are with a pink watercolour pencil. I added the little blossoms as we constantly see them lying in our garden in Spring.


Another DL card. I stamped polka dots and stripes from Stampin' Up, then punched 1" circles from them and from 3 colours, added my obligatory gem! The FAB sentiment is Hobby Art.

If you would like to purchase any Stampin' Up products please contact me overmoores@aol.com
The new mini catalogue has been launched and it is packed with some exciting new goodies! Plus it is Sale-a-Bration season where you can get extra free goodies for your money.
I have a Stamper's Club starting April 1st
 For more details, please ask me!

47 comments:

  1. WOW! What a fabulous sketch. I have lots of idea's buzzing around my head for this.
    Congratulations you two on your continued success.
    Love Sheila x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning! Ooh fab sketch! You cards are gorgeous, as always ladies! Is it me, or is there no linky?
    Lizy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards & sketch. Another great challenge. Thank you xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congatulations on your first anniversary - please don't be giving up any time soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary to you. I am one of your recent participants but I love the whole CAS idea. I'm so glad you have managed to keep to your core idea over the course of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great cards and Hsppy Anniversay to you both for LiM challenge - how quickly this year has gone and checking out the LiM challenge has certainly become part of my Saturday morning when at home - looking forward to more challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations it's been a lot of fun so far :0) Here's to the next few years LOL Wonderful samples again, love them all, Gay x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Anniversary to you both. Your cards are fabulous as always. Love this sketch
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on your first anniversary - I hope it is the first of many more.

    Lovely challenge & lovely inspirational cards from both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on having been going for a year, long may it continue. Thanks for another great challenge as always,

    Michelle xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on one year! LIM is the only card challenge I participate in and I'm very glad I've found you guys! Keep up the great work and inspirations, Mandi and Chrissie!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i love this blog congratulations from me too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really like the Springtime card, so delicate and pretty, even if the sentiment is in the wrong place. xx Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations from me too! Just changed computers yet again so may take me a while to get all my programmes on again.Will make a card asap though. Love all your cards C&M and fellow LIMettes :O) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh wow, looks like everything is liking this sketch a lot. Well, so do I, lol. Hope to be playing along this week.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow a year how brill, keep it going
    http://janetscraftycreations.blogspot.com/2012/01/less-is-more-challenge.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great sketch and perfet idea for male birthday card I have to make tomorrow :-) Thanks for inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations on your first year. This site is truly inspirational.

    Great sketch for the 52nd week Chrissie and Mandi. I love your samples. I haven't used the Black Magic technique for ages, so I have used it too.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fantasic Challenge - Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  20. Many congratulations on your first anniversary - can't believe we've been rising (hopefully) to your challenges for so long!!! lol Another great challenge this week and great inspiration from you both.

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a lot of pleasure you've brought to such a lot of crafters over the past year ladies! What on earth did we used to do on Saturdays before you came up with this inspirational site?! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Ladies, Well you have set another fantastic challenge and your creations are lovely too! Great sketch to follow and how fast this year has gone!! had some brilliant challenges along the way and hopefully continue too....... so looking forward to this next year with plenty more:) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow! Look forward to your first birthday next week! Well, it's 6pm on Sunday and you already have 106 entries. Chrissie and Mandi, you really are going to have a busy week!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi girls
    hard to believe its been a year eh, fab sketch, gorgeous cards as always, keep up the good work, sue,xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Another fabby challenge girls thanks for the inspiration

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  26. I never do sketches. But this one, I can do. I love the examples.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I got carried away so sorry I have a few entries!
    Great Challenge!
    Suze x

    ReplyDelete
  28. A simple map, and how many ideas and interpretations. I congratulate all the work to the participants because they are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Congratulations! great challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thanks for a fabulous sketch--I LOVE it! :) Archiving it for future reference--the DT creations are beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Magnifique sketch très simple et très classe offrant de très nombreuses possibilités.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Great sketch - and I love your sample cards! Happy anniversary too :) Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  33. I loved the sketch and had great fun working round it. There are so many beautiful cards already entered by others. It is amazing how many different ways a simple sketch can be beautifully interpreted. xx Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  34. Wonderful sketch...wonderful sample cards...and a wonderful year of fun challenges! Congratulations and best wishes for a fun-filled year two!!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Congrats on your 1st birthday. I'm new here and whilst I usually like to get inky and messy, it's fun to do something completely different. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Congratulations on your 1st year, it sure has gone quickly! with So many fantastic samples for you both! Great sketch for this week,
    thanks Chrissie and Mandi! hugs Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete
  37. A whole year already?? !! Congratulations, and - as always - thanks for all you do.
    Cheers, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  38. Wow ... one year already. Congratulations ladies on such a great challenge blog. I have missed playing along for the last couple months but am glad to be back.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Hi Ladies - love this sketch and congrats on your anniversary. As a newcomer to this fantastic papercraft community thank you for the inspiration and your wonderful encouraging comments. Cheers, Tania

    ReplyDelete
  40. Congratulations on your milestone. Great job. Thanks for all the inspiration and encouragement. I look forward to another year of joining in.

    ReplyDelete
  41. love this sketch challenge- every week I look forward to LIM challenge, thank you so much,

    Rebecca x

    ReplyDelete
  42. Congratulations on your first anniversary. LIM has been a breath of fresh air. Long may you continue x

    ReplyDelete
  43. This may be one of the biggest success stories in blogland. What did I ever do before your fabulous challenges and inspiration? Congrats XOXO!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Happy birthday to LIS! Love this site and always take a look but I've never played along until now, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  45. Congrats on your one year anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Happy Anniversary! I played along this week but must have just missed the deadline cut-off. *sniff* Looking forward to many more great challenges to come!

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE NOTE: SPAM COMMENTS WILL NEVER BE PUBLISHED!

Thank you for your support and encouraging messages. We love to see you on our personal blogs too.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.