18 February 2012

Week 55 Theme

We said it was a doozie and so it proved to be... last week's challenge really got everyone thinking and there were some superb ideas...our challenges certainly seem to stimulate the creativity amongst LIMettes. 
Thank you everyone!

Now for this week's challenge and you can sit back and enjoy this one, it's a theme and this week we'd like to see you use
Punches or Die Cuts

Mandi

Oh, gosh what a week here. I have a permanent wedding head on so I can only show some invitation samples as my cards for this week. We also have my Stepson's wedding Thursday so as you can imagine, I'm knee deep here in stationery! Roll on next Saturday when I can breathe again!
I'll blog their stationery next week as it is a surprise for Jess [Bride to be]

Both my cards are using Pink Petticoat Stripes, in navy.
The heart is part of  Nellie Snellen Multi Frames Dies - Hearts, with punched flowers with pearls in the centre.


The second card is using the Stampin Up decorative Label Punch and the starfish are from a Sizzix Sizzlit set.

The couple chose this as their design.

Apologies once more for not preparing early enough, things are just so manic.

If I can  get you any Stampin' Up products, or give you any information please email me
Overmoores@aol.com



Chrissie

Here is a card made from some goodies which arrived yesterday. Dies from Memory Box and a stamp from Hero Arts.
After stamping, the card surrounding the image was masked with Post it notes and the colours Bashful Blue and Almost Amethyst from SU were added using ink duster brushes. I added a few splats from a Paper Artsy stamp in Memento London Fog.
The base card for the butterflies was coloured with the same colours using the same method and then die cut with the Memory Box dies. I glued the base layer and then stuck on the veined version adding Glamour Dust  to give a little glitz! It's a pity that this photograph doesn't show it too well.
The sentiment is from SU.

This one uses an image from Chocolate Baroque in the style of Gustav Klimt, which I  stamped onto deep brown paper and embossed with WOW Pale Gold embossing powder then coloured with Perfect Pearls. I cut it out with Nestie circles, mounted it using gold card and added a couple of embellishments from Cuttlebug ornamental dies.
The sentiment is from Kaiserkraft mounted on extended Spellbinder tag dies.
As usual there are a few more examples on my personal blog

We have added a Linky followers widget to our sidebar, as with all the speculation about Google followers disappearing imminently, we didn't want to lose any of you. You may like to add yourself to that bunch too... just in case!

The availability of dies for use in cardmaking seems to have exploded recently, with many new ones appearing almost daily... do show us what you can do with them.

35 comments:

  1. Fab challenge and beautiful cards. Well done Lizy you beat me lol! I will visit you all later gotta dash now xx jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. fab challenge but Im afraid my entry will have to wait as i have craft room renovations to finish this weekends and not much space to craft in...

    looking forward to seeing what everyone else does though!!

    jen xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous creations Ladies. My craft room is in the same state as Jen's, spring must be on the way.
    The Linky followers site is brilliant, love the way it has video's to help you along. Off to add my name to your link, then I will start on making some space to craft.

    Happy inking
    GinaA

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards and inspiration again, won't be joining until next week, going away for a night :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful cards and a great challenge Ladies, thank you both so much, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah good an easier one this week C&M lol ! Thanks again.... off for a think now , lovely entries already everyone too :) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow very beautiful cards by DTs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous creations/inspiration, ladies. Thank you for another super challenge:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. FAB challenge ladies and lovely samples, I love die cuts and just got an e-craft so lots of bits just waiting to be attached to a LIM card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another fun challenge! I used dies I haven't touched in so long, I think they are retired! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this challenge - there are so many dies and punches! Your card samples are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Chrissie, that second card is so amazing! It is hard to believe that it is stamped! Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi girls
    fab challenge gorgeous cards as always, be round in a bit, sue,xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Some lovely cards already posted, but again I will look round properly later so that my ideas are not influenced too much by the talent of others. Have a good week. xx Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great challenge ladies! Your cards are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. oooo this will be a popular week, your sure know how to test us and then treat us ;0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your challenge, hope my card is CAS enough!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great cards for inspiration and a timely challenge for me as I need all the inspiration I can get to help me start using all these dies I've bought!

    ReplyDelete
  19. thanks Guys, for another fun challenge - love all the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful as usual - I am off to have a good think.

    K x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi ladies, very popular choice this week for the challenge. I have so many dies to choose from but I went with my fave PTI butterfly. I love butterflies at the mo! Thanks ladies! xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful Cards ... thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I enjoyed giving your challenge a try, thanks ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful cards ladies l have now entered mine but not sure if there is too much colour as l know it should be white card but thought it was ideal with the punch and die cuts used understandable if you remove it great challenge though!:) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  25. I found your blog and I liked it very much!! I will follow you because your work is fantastic!! Best regards from Greece!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I have no craft room, so I need all things well organized => and I did this last week ;)

    I hope my card is allright for this challenge.

    Your cards are always so great - my dear =>

    and
    now I need time for commenting, if I can - "here is a captcha there I need a special "sign in to third party services" => it is hard to leave a comment sometimes :(

    ReplyDelete
  27. Fabulous challenge, sorry I'm so late this week - No.200!!
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thank you to all those for visiting and commenting on my card, I have had a complication with my eye surgery, we had to go back to the hospital yesterday, there is a bit of stitch sticking out of my eye and making my eye really incredibily itchy, sore and weepy.
    I can't see very well to type & read blogs :-( but am loving looking at your lovley cards on the ipad even thouhg I'm not laving comments

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thanks for a great challenge. The DT cards are fab.
    Lorry :o) xx

    ReplyDelete
  30. Beautiful cards everyone. This is my first Blog challenge, so hope I've followed the guidelines correctly. x

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wow what stunning cards. I am glad I didn;t look at many before I did mine. I like the inspiration when looking at others but worry I will lift their ideas. Have been back tonight to view more & leave comments. Great challenge ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I've had to stalk you this week ladies because this is such a fun challenge! Thanks again. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  33. Made it!! I was beginning to think I wouldn't get a card made. Great challenge this week and some fabulous cards. Sorry I've not had chance to get around and see them all!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Different type of cards theme look so pretty and amazing.I really like this cards color creations and images.

    Promosyon

    ReplyDelete
  35. I like the clean and simple black and white! The raised image looks wonderful and i like this design and color combination.

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE NOTE: SPAM COMMENTS WILL NEVER BE PUBLISHED!

Thank you for your support and encouraging messages. We love to see you on our personal blogs too.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.