25 February 2012

Week 56 - Don't Scrap It

Last week's challenge proved really popular with lots of people and there were some truly stunning entries, however a few didn't realise that we are solely a Clean and Simple blog, submitting multi-layered and highly embellished cards, some of which were reluctantly deleted for straying too far from our guidelines by also combining too many challenges.
 Blogger seems to have changed the format of the letters in the Word Verification section, making it even more difficult and time consuming to decipher them, so as we have so many comments to leave... 
PLEASE REMOVE WORD VERIFICATION
 Instructions for this are on our Help page.
Should it remain, we may not leave comments for you if our first attempt at deciphering the letters is incorrect!

This week we have a simple recipe for you to follow which is to use some of those left over bits and pieces we all tend to keep so this week
Don't Scrap it!

Chrissie

This card has an image from Blockhead Paper Arts coloured with Promarkers. The sentiment is from Stampin' Up.
I was inspired to purchase this stamp by one of our wonderful LIMettes, Birgit. She is a Guest Designer for Blockhead stamps at the moment and as you all know does fabulous work. Thanks for the inspiration Birgit!

I expect that nearly all of us have some receptacle for left over bits and bobs of card and paper and this is one of mine. The contents are vaguely arranged in colours and is where I went to look for the scrap of yellow matting for this card. Sadly the file is rather overfull and is badly in need of a sort-out!
I never buy card blanks and make all my cards from A4 sheets. Naturally there is a piece of card over when a card has been cut into shape and it's these pieces which I use for the front of cards for mounting images. I have another box of strips of card under my desk, but I won't bore you with a pic of that.





This one uses a scrap of backing paper from a Cuddly Buddly print out. The card on the front is all from the scrap box under my desk.
The Penny Black image was gently coloured with Promarkers and the sentiment from Personal Impressions was mounted on a Spellbinder's slider tag.
Once more there are a few more examples on my personal blog. Thank you everyone who kindly leaves a comment for me there!




Mandi

I must apologise for not getting to you all last week. I did try when I got time, but I ran out of time. Thank you for all of you who still visited me, it was very much appreciated.
I had to make a wedding card with the theme as 'proper red' black and ivory. I had one small scrap of what I consider a perfect red hammer card. I made the roses from that, the Sizzix hearts are also from an ivory scrap, cut and embossed.




Using scraps of paper is a favourite of mine. I do this kind of design very often. It's effective and does use up lots of scraps. However I never seem to see my pile going down!!





I use scraps all the time, however they seem to grow ten fold daily! I keep some in a drawer, then I have other slightly bigger pieces separated by colour in drawers.







Your scraps can be anything... paper, card, plastic, metal, fabric...we'd love to see the result of your creative imaginations... and do have fun!

29 comments:

  1. Gosh where to start with my scraps lol! but a great challenge to kick start my weekend crafting

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one is going to get us thinking, great challenge and some super examples. It's nice to know everyone else has a pile of offcuts as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous cards. I like the first one very much.Beautiful image.
    Lovely greet and nice weekend
    Marja

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards already ladies, oh I am soooo pleased it's not just me who has piles of scrap paper/card !!!! nice and simple one this time thankyou C&M... off for a think now :) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Last night I took photos for a story about old crazy papers and how to use them for new backgrounds on your cards.

    This morning I read your Challenge " Don't scrap them!"

    This fits 100% :-)

    Thanks for reading in my brain and this wonderful inspirations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Smashing cards ladies & a great challenge this week. I'm another one who is the proud owner of files full of scrap card, I just can't bear to throw bits away. lol.
    Sally M x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi girls
    stunning cards as always, mine didnt make much of a dent in me scrap box! lol, sue,x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow I have tons of scrap about 3 bags and 3 drawers full. I bet i can find something LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great to use some of those scraps! Thanks for another fun challenge ladies! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another great challenge ladies - how do you come up with the ideas?
    Now to have a poke around in my scrap box.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous cards & challenge xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  12. Would love to try this challenge. Hope to join with a simple design.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I shall be along later in the week with an entry, but I just had to say something about your pile of scraps. they never will go down, because every time you cut a piece of paper or card, you are left with more scraps. I gave up sorting mine ages ago, I couldn't keep up. They are now all in one large box, and the Christmas bits are in another box. Have a good week. xx Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for another great challenge. I have tons of scraps that need using up! May have to enter more than once on this challenge! xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. You ladies have made some beautiful cards from scraps! I wasn't so talented, but I did have fun with this and I thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Again, beautiful card, which allows them to ideas of the knee. I congratulate colleagues

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello,
    Wow, there are so many beautiful cards to see.
    This is the first time I participate in "Less is More" and I find it very exciting to find a way to create a card based on a skit or theme.
    The pieces on the card were destined to the trash, but thanks to your "Don't Scrap it" they have found a second life.
    I think I'll come back often!

    I'm sorry, my English is not the best, but I try to do my best
    Sincerely Daen'Ys

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi, Wow such inspiration yet again from the Design Team and a fantastic challenge:)Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you for helping me use up some of my many, many scraps! I'd show a photo of them, but I am horribly messy. Nobody should be exposed to it! ;) The DT creations are amazing, as always! LOVE them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm so glad to see a challenge using scraps. We all have them, for sure.
    Beautiful cards to get us crafting. Thanks for the wonderful challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fabulous creations from the Limettes and everyone. Thank you for another lovely challenge x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great challenge - err, still having trouble commenting.

      I had fun making my entry. Running the Snippets Challenge it was great to actually enter a snippets card here instead of playing at being 'keeper of the playground keys' chasing round after the little band of scallywags who come to play each week.

      Di xx

      Delete
    2. This is the best collections of the cards.It look so simple and sweet.Colors backgrounds are simple so it look so stylist.

      Promosyon

      Delete
  22. Thanks for another fab challenge :)xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Newbie here. Thanks for the challenge. Love the entries here.

    ReplyDelete
  24. A great challenge & some lovely cards x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Another great challenge and beautiful cards.

    ReplyDelete
  26. This all cards collections are look so beautiful and simple look.I like this type of cards.


    myob courses sydney

    ReplyDelete
  27. I just wanted to let you ladies know that I thanked you in my post today for doing this scrap challenge, because now my scraps are no longer in a forgotten back bin! You're mentioned in my WOYWW post. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE NOTE: SPAM COMMENTS WILL NEVER BE PUBLISHED!

Thank you for your support and encouraging messages. We love to see you on our personal blogs too.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.