31 March 2012

Week 61 Lucky Dip

Being the fifth week of the month we have our "Lucky Dip"
We have chosen a
Picture Inspiration
 for you from the fabulous 
Design Seeds
It is a wonderful source of colour combinations.


We always choose a guest designer for this week and this time 
our wonderful LIMette Jenny is our guest.


Lots of you follow Jenny and you obviously love her work as you leave her lots of FAB comments She is a constant source of inspiration to all of us.
Here she has made this fabulous card ... a reminder of our youth, with a daisy chain.

Chrissie

This card is based on a sketch I used last week and utilised a Blockhead stamp which I coloured with markers, two shades of pink for the head and green for the stem. It's mounted on Nesties and is sitting on a band decorated with Pink Petticoat harlequin DP.
I made the banner with a  Spellbinder's pennant die.
This is how I did it.

  • Stamp the sentiment and arrange the die with a long tag on the side nearest the die cutting machine.
  • Roll the die part way through the machine stopping before it has gone through completely, then wind back.



  • Remove the die and place it around the other end of the sentiment, once more putting the V shaped end through the machine first and only rolling part way along the die so as not to cut through the middle of the sentiment panel.


  • Score two lines equidistantly at a .5cm interval either side of the sentiment and fold mountain and valley to make the banner

This is back to my favourite inking technique. The bottom of the card was masked with post its and the inks, Pear Pizzaz and Basic Grey, were added with Ink Duster Brushes. I stamped some text in the green shade and then added the blooms (Unity stamps) with the addition of a dash of pink!
The sentiment is from Paper Make Up.
I almost gave up when I added the grey colour as it seemed to look dreadful, but I continued and the addition of the images transformed the whole look of the card... so don't abandon hope too soon if you try this technique, if you persevere, things often turn out better than you might think!

Mandi


My first card came together instantly! I stamped the Butterflies sentiment from a fabulous set my lovely Chrissie bought me last year for my birthday. Ashamed to say this is the first time I'd inked it! It is Katzelkraft Isabelle Norris English Quotes KT250.

I stamped using Stazon Stone Grey, then stamped with Versamark, the harlequin from a Tim Holtz set French Market. I heat embossed with WOW Neutral Ultra Shimmer Glitter embossing powder. So hard to photograph, but it is so lovely and glittery. I then took a Stampin' Up Pretty in Pink ink pad and using a dauber I sponged the ink in the right hand corner, out to the bottom edge and right hand side. Along the left hand edge, I drew a glue line with my Zig glue marker and sprinked with Glamour Dust. To finish I added the Martha Stewart punched butterflies. Colours are Stampin Up card Pretty in Pink, Pink Pirouette and Certainly Celery, lastly I added a few pearls.



For my second card I stamped the green spotted strip with Stampin Up Borderlines in Certain Celery. Then I Stamped the square Solid Stripes, also Stampin' Up and heat embossed as above.
I hand drew the stalks. I wanted a modern funky look, so thought the freehand would have worked.. However I didn't like it. So I redid it using strips of certanly celery card for the stalks..then didn't like that much either...




Can see these ending up in the bin!

The Hero Arts flowers are from a set, the flower heads are in squares, therea re 4 designs. ~Again stamped in Stazon Stone Grey, watercoloured with pencils. The sentiment is a retuired SU one. 

If I could have a last shout out for anyone wishing to join my
Stampers 6 Club
Starting April 3rd
Only ONE place left

Please email me for further details
UK residents only please


18 comments:

  1. How pretty and spring like are your samples ladies - this is a great challenge theme

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the samples and colours xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mandi,
    You make such beautiful cards,am putting my thinking cap on now. By the way I have been trying to send an email re stampers club but it keeps being returned!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant samples and choice of guest designer, such talent on display!!:0) Well done ladies, Gay xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Girls
    beautiful cards as always, sorry i have been mia last couple weeks, sue,x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful samples as always ladies and lovely to see Jenny guesting this week! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi ladies

    What wonderful creations you've made to inspire us yet again - so glad to be back (again!!) Well done also to Jenny your GD - fabby card!

    Tina
    XX

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderfully pretty spring colours and cards love your 2 too Mandi don't throw them away! Great tutorial and cards Chrissie and Jenny's card is as you say a lovely memory of daisy chains.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for a fun challenge and the lovely inspiration from the DT.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful DT inspiration! I love these colors and they're so easy to work with. Great challenge, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much for the challenge...I'm so inspired by this blog and I'm loving the projects I'm making inspired by ya'll! Thank you so much for further igniting my excitement for this kind of card. This has definitely become a weekly stop for me! Best, CG

    ReplyDelete
  12. The inspiration picture and your beautiful cards and so perfectly colored for spring! Between your cards and the entry cards, I'm drooling!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for all your comments ladies, I'm thrilled to be guesting this week and will try and visit you all :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks so much for the link to Design Seeds, one of the most beautiful and inspirational sites I have seen in a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great challenge! Those colours are so beautiful. I love this inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for the fab inspiration--gonna try to make another card! YOURS are amazing! :) Fab job, ladies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. LINKZ doesn't work somehow :-( Will try later to submit my card.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous inspiration from both of you.

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE NOTE: SPAM COMMENTS WILL NEVER BE PUBLISHED!

Thank you for your support and encouraging messages. We love to see you on our personal blogs too.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.