07 April 2012

Week 62 Colour Challenge

It seems you loved the picture we posted as inspiration for your cards last week, and there were some lovely, delicate interpretations submitted.
This week we have another Colour challenge for you and to give it a slightly different twist we would like to see 
Three Shades of Green.
For this you could use one ink but use it in different ways to create different shades, for example direct stamping, then secondary stamping, dusting, stencilling, maybe inking directly from the inkpad. This would create different shades of the same colour or you could simply use three different greens.
There is such a variety of mediums you could use too... paper, pencils, chalks, inks, paint, markers, etc., etc. It's not a one layer week, so let your imagination roam...but remember that WHITE SPACE!
We do like to be different!

We are sponsored this month by The Ribbon Girl
with a
for one lucky winner

If you haven't already shopped at the Ribbon Girl you need to pop along, there is much more than just ribbon.
Mary and Andrea give and excellent service and pack the goodies so beautifully you don't want to open them!

Mandi


I created my three shades of green using Stampin Up ink pads Old Olive, Pear Pizzazz and Certainly Celery. I cut a square of about 9cm and then used the emboss resist technique with WOW Clear Embossing Powder. I knew roughly how big I wanted the panels, so cut them to suit. Using a retired Stampin Up sentiment set I stamped in the darkest shade, Old Olive. The swirl is a new purchase for me - Cheery Lyn Tropical Flourish I got here
 Finsihing off with a couple of punched daises and pearls.


For my second card, also a 6" square I used a Crafters Workshop Dot Burst stencil and marked out the largest circle. I then stamped a dotty circle from Stampin Up's Circle Circus stamp set in Lucky Limeade. I then added the punched retro flowers to the largest circle dots in a mint card. Finally I marked out the middle circle and punched tiny flowers in a Teal card, then the same Stampin Up sentiment to finish off, also in Lucky Limeade.

Chrissie

For this I used one of the stamps I picked up at the NEC ...6 for £5, it's a terrific Rubber Stampede image of Eucalyptus leaves. I inked the stamp with SU Marker Pens in Pear Pizzazz, Old Olive and Always Artichoke and stamped it twice without reinking.
The sentiment from Woodware is mounted on one of SU's Four Frames in Pear Pizzazz and punched with the matching punch.

Here are three Hero Arts apples, this time inked with Distress inks in Shabby Shutters, Peeled Paint and Forest Moss. The two outer apples were simply stamped with the colour already added to the stamp, the centre one was coloured afterwards as it is simply a line image. For this one I applied the colour with a water brush, picking up the inks from a dab with the ink pads on my glass mat.
The border is made with a Spellbinders die and the sentiment is from Kaisercraft mounted on a Memory Box tag.
We hope that you will enjoy our slightly different colour challenge.
Look out for the March WOW Embossing Powders winner to be announced very soon!
We would like to wish you all a very
Happy Easter!


36 comments:

  1. Fab challenge and stunning cards ladies! :)
    Lizy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Something wrong with Linky girls it won't let me upload my picture xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. me either Jan, but it says there are 2 entries! But you can't see/click on them...

    ReplyDelete
  4. am re doin gInlinkz...will you re add, your submission, if you can;t I will
    mandi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoops, my typing lol
      Was rushing to sort the problem

      Delete
  5. bit early for ginlinkz mandi,,bucks fizzlinkz maybe quite nice tho :-)

    fab challenge and lovely inspiration, thinking cap on ,,,, :-)
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ever tooarly for a 'GINlinkz' hehe
      Aww me ikkle fingers, I was rushign to say Im on it
      and trying to log in IL....ha ha ha

      Delete
  6. gave me a giggle this mornin :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think this is a difficult one. But I think that every week. And it looks like the challenge is , not to make a one layer card:D. And Linky works again, It is proceccing the first one. Just love this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've just realized what you wrote lol! Do we like a drop Gin lol! xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this challenge! Green is definitely my favourite colour and I love your cards. they are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A fab challenge & green is one of my fave colours, thanx ladies.
    Sally M x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can't do any crafting this weekend but can get the old grey matter working. Great challenge again ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the challenge. I had made a card with shades of green so we must be on the same wave length. Great samples as always.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This was a tough one this week! Thanks for the challenge and the great inspiration! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such beautiful cards and green is one of my favorite colours. lovely to meet you today. Di H

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great challenge and fabby inspiration ladies.
    Well well, Mandi on the gin eh. Who`d have thought it lol.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Chrissie, Love this one, I love Green, I have trying to get a challenge done for here for ages, I am not to good (M.S. ) but I will try very hard to do this one, and the next etc. I love CAS. I do use `SU` products. Love the cards, and what brilliant work everyone is putting up. Love Carole. :)XXX

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful inspiration and a great challenge too, I really enjoyed it :)
    Kelly.x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wowsers, I really love that circle of flowers! Beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. How beautiful!! Thanks for sharing! :-) Happy Easter!xo

    Vintage Collages


    .

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh! my goodness, Chrissie and Mandi, you have created the most wonderful cards.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Ladies,

    This turned out to be a fun one. I was a little intimidated by the wonderful sharp cards you both made!! Really, they are beautiful!

    I ended up making two cards; didn't think to do separate posts for each, but I think people will see the second one if they click to my site.

    Thanks so much. Have a great week!!

    Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a lemon!! I just posted my card on a previous challenge!!! I knew I shouldnt do this in hurry(should have left for work 15 mins ago!!!yikes)
    sorry for the confusion...loved the challenge...will catch up with all the fab blogs later...must dash!
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wonderful sample cards ladies, love all the cards! Love the giggle here too Mandi 'hic' thanks, Gay xxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Stunning samples, Chrissie and Mandy. I've finally made it back to LIM after our house move! Great theme for me to come back to!

    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thank you for the fun challenge! Your cards are as amazing as ever, ladies! :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi ladies, I've just 'hopped in' with my offering - snort :) Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi ladies, I've just 'hopped in' with my offering - snort :) Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi ladies, I've just 'hopped in' with my offering - snort :) Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi ladies, I've just 'hopped in' with my offering - snort :) Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  30. Mandi and Chrissie, lovely cards you made! All the cards are great to view, and all are so different from each other.

    ReplyDelete
  31. your cards are great and I love green,

    Easter is over and out and so I have time to play with you ... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Gorgeous card, Mandi and Chrissie. Any Gin left? lol!

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE NOTE: SPAM COMMENTS WILL NEVER BE PUBLISHED!

Thank you for your support and encouraging messages. We love to see you on our personal blogs too.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.