23 June 2012

Week 73 Recipe

Here we are again, Saturday morning and  new challenge.
Thank you for all your FAB entries last week, you seemed to enjoy getting all shiny!

Our recipe this week will give you the opportunity to dig out some of those scraps of Designer paper that have been lurking around in your craft space, as our challenge is
'Paper Piecing'

Mandi

                               Not being a colourer I enjoy paper piecing, when I have the time to fiddle and cut!
This is an old Pink Petticoat digi image, Lola Rose. I copied the image into a Word Document, where I resized and printed onto white card stock. I then copied and pasted another 2 images onto the page giving me 3 in a row. I then lightly stuck the 2 paper panels to another A4 sheet where I knew the images would print. Gving me the perfect size to paper pierce the different elements. Once trimmed I stamped the Penny Black Happy Birthday and attached the panel with 3d foam to my 6" square card. Added the gems to finish.


This is a retired  Stampin Up stamp set. I paper pierced using scraps of pink, lilac, coral and olive. The 'flames' are glittered as is the edge of the panel. The Happy Birthday is Penny Black.

Chrissie
As Stampotique is our sponsor this month, we have been delighted to have members of their DT join us in our challenges, I do hope that you have been able to visit them and leave a few comments..
This is a stamp from their range which I think is SO cute and perfect for paper piecing! The papers I have used are from Cuddly Buddly, where I had my first ever designer role. I must say that the flowers were really fiddly to cut out!
This one uses Woodware stamps by Francoise Read. In order to keep the CAS feel to the card I used just a strip of blue to suggest the sky, which I embossed with a Cuttlebug random dots folder and added scored white edges.
The sentiment was computer generated in Pea Roxygirl font. Once more the papers are from Cuddly Buddly

19 comments:

  1. I have never tried the technique before, off to have a look at my stash to see what I can do. Great challenge again Ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like I knew it, I made a Paper piecing card last night. One of my favorite techniques. Love this challenge.

    Marrigje

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ladies I love your examples here,some ideas I'd never have thought of! Look forward to finding time to have a go at this one! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great challenge Divas. Fab cards xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I do hope I will get chance to join in. I have inernet problems and can't upload photos to my blog at the moment. Hope it will be sorted out in time

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey brilliant cards =) Lovely blogg as well. =) Hope you have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Paper piecing? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm - not something I normally do, but I'm game for most things!!!

    Happy LIM-ing peeps

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Crumbs, I've never done paper piecing either but always wanted to try it & these smashing cards are a fab inspiration.
    Sally x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love paper piecing! Fab challenge and fab design team cards!

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great challenge! It was for me, a challenge I mean :) Off to check out the other players~ Fabulous samples Ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, what a GREAT challenge! I love paper-piecing, can't wait to play along!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Paper piecing is my favourite technique so thank you for the challenge. Lovely examples from the team.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great challenge, if my card is not LIM enough please delete! I could not wait to use this new stamp, and underestimated the base card size! Whats a girl to do - make another! lol. xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Di again, second attempt, this time using proper DP :) Love this challenge girls! Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Di again, second attempt, this time using proper DP :) Love this challenge girls! Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful cards inspiration as well as lovely cards entries great challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a super fun challenge--hoping to link up again! Thanks for hosting--your cards are amazing, gals! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. First time at paper piecing, really enjoyed it but found my eyes struggled due to high concentration lol.

    Good luck everyone x

    ReplyDelete

  19. Thanks for the information... I really love your blog posts... specially those on Propelpmc

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE NOTE: SPAM COMMENTS WILL NEVER BE PUBLISHED!

Thank you for your support and encouraging messages. We love to see you on our personal blogs too.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.