08 September 2012

Week 84 One Layer Challenge

Firstly a small housekeeping matter,
A few months ago we extended the time for your submissions to 11pm [23:00 BST]
There are only a handful of later entries so as of this week we are returning to our original closure time of
9pm [21:00hrs British Summer Time]

Everybody's favourite!
The 
One Layer Card
Challenge Week

For the focus of your contributions this week we would like to see 
FOLIAGE
but PLEASE don't forget to leave that all important white space...

I guess lots of you have come to expect this kind of card from me on one layer weeks. You know how much I love inking and a little emboss resist and so here is my favourite French Foliage stamp set from SU, plus the leaf image from the confetti set.
I masked the card and then lightly dusted the exposed panel with Lucky Limeade ink and then when dry stamped the tiny leaves with Versamark and clear embossed them. After this I added the Cajun Craze (with a little Pumpkin Pie for good measure) at the base of the panel and some Pool Party at the top. 
Finally the larger leaves were stamped with Cajun Craze, my little splodges stamp found its way into the scene too!
I drew some lines at the top and bottom of the panel as the edges were not crisp enough for my liking and then added embossed lines too, using a score board.
The sentiment is from Art Impressions.
Here is a little letterpress effect card. I used my Cuttlebug leaf embossing folder, which I inked on the raised leaf side with Lucky Limeade ink before adding the card and running through my Cuttlebug machine.
The sentiment is from an AAW Printworks stamp.
Simples!

Mandi


 The stamp is from a Stampin Up set Borderlines. I used the new 'Gumball Green' from the new addition In Colours that have just been launched. I think this is a fabulous shade! SU ink pads have been given a new design, both with the packaging, slightly and the inky bit. They are now a smoother, wetter pad. I like them!
Don't need to say what I did.....won't insult you!
Sentiment is also from Stampin' up.



Using a couple of stamps rom Inylicious Meadow Breze set here  and also one from Stampn Up Pocket Silhousttes inking again in Gumball Green, Wysteria Wonder and Bashful Blue.
Stamped and double stamped randomly until I thought there was enough!

The sentiment, easier to see IRL, is Katzelkraft here It is THE most fabulous set, different style for me but I love it. My lovely Chrissie bought it for me last year.

Maybe you can see better here when you enlarge it

 I didn't do a personal blog post, thank you for the couple that noticed. I didn't have anything else to offer, and don't again this week...sorry
BUT have done a post on my blog

Have fun with your one layer cards, we look forward to seeing your designs.

19 comments:

  1. Fabulous set of cards girls - great inspiration. Thank you for super challenge. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great challenge.... Determined to get it right this week! Jenx

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg I'm first... that's not happened in a long while lol!!

    fabulous challenge ladies and thanks for last weeks showCASe

    jen xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so good to be able to join in again this week - and leaves too! Fab challenge, thanks ladies! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  5. great challenges and thanks for the inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous cards ladies, thanks for a fab challenge.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful cards for this week, again great inspiration ladies, thank you both so much, Gay x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great challenge! Gave me the kick I needed to try out some ideas! Thanks girls!
    Rach xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful Fall creations, thanks for the inspiration ! Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I came late to show my 2 cards for the Pink and Brown challenge, but I would like to show you how I am advertising your great blog over my blog.
    Great Sunday to you all! : )
    xox Julia Sáddi - Brazil

    http://www.paperdesignbyjuliabsb.blogspot.com.br/2012/09/less-is-more-with-crate-paper.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Every one of your cards is just lovely. I have to try some emboss resist. You have given be just the push I need to get out my inks. I'm afraid it is going to look very similar to yours.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Create the romance of a leisurely fall afternoon spent in a French cafe writing thoughts and impressions in a journal with the images in this set. Im so excited playing this challenge. I got to escape for awhile on making a foliage card. It's the little things that matter the most.

    xo, Marian

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful cards, Mandi and Chrissie! I love the one-layer challenges, and your variety of foliage cards give me lots of inspiration this week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful creations Ladies...as always, very inspirational

    ReplyDelete
  15. Utterly lovely inspiration - thank you so much for that, and for a lovely challenge!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  16. great cards ladies,i take another change i hope you like it

    ReplyDelete
  17. Mandi, your cards look fabulous! Love this week's challenge, even if I am having a difficult time coming up with something! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely colours on the cards this week, thanks DT xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Bother. This week I'm one of the late birds and I've missed the deadline by an hour. Here is my entry anyway, just in case you decide to have mercy on me!
    http://squirrel-nuts.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/foliage.html
    Rosey x

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE NOTE: SPAM COMMENTS WILL NEVER BE PUBLISHED!

Thank you for your support and encouraging messages. We love to see you on our personal blogs too.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.