13 October 2012

Week 89 One Layer

Time for
ONE LAYER
again and this time we have given you lots of scope with our theme of
Wings
There are lots of things which would qualify in this category... insects, birds, cars, aeroplanes... what else can you think of?

Mandi
This sweet littl ebirdie is form Tim Holtz set Urban Decay [I am actualy selling it in my page on my blog] Distress Inks, Faded Jeans an dTumbled Glass to create the shading.
 The sentiment is Close to my Heart.
IRL this shading is much more blended, the camera seems to have bought out the colour changes somehow
This is a really old Stampin Up set Along the Same Lines, but, one I love for it's quirkiness.
Literally stamped nd good old fashioned coloured in using my SU markers.
The sentiment is SU too, seperate set, but, I think it works well with this design.

Chrissie
Before I say anything else I would like to thank Mandi for holding the fort here at LIM so valiantly amidst the  excitement of her new business venture, whilst I was away on my month long holiday in California, Nevada and Hawaii!
I really tried to keep up with visiting as many LIMettes as I could via my iPad, but Internet coverage was not always easy, so please accept my apologies if I did not get around to visiting you.
I prepared all my sample cards in advance which was a bit of a marathon in itself, but some may not have been as scintillating as I may have wished, so I hope you will forgive me.
These cards were also prepared before I left for my holiday, as I only got home last night and am still feeling a trifle jet lagged!
I'll post some pics of my holiday on my personal blog soon, but we have our son and DIL plus our daughter and grandchildren staying this weekend so things are somewhat busy around here... but great fun!

Here's that fab bird from the Rubber Stamp Gallery again. This time in a one layer version.
I stamped and then masked him before adding the masked oval and then inking over him using Bashful Blue with an ink duster brush. Before removing the masks, I stamped the various birthday greetings in the space surrounding the bird, and added a single 'happy birthday' underneath.

 
This aeroplane is from Stampin' Up's Plane and Simple set. I stamped it and then cut a mask from a second image before stamping part of SU's Friendly background stamp over the mask.
The sentiment did start out as being completely one layer, but despite careful placing (as I thought) I wasn't happy with the orientation of the stamp, so  I re-did it and added it over the top. I'm sure you've all been there!
Your One Layer Cards go from strength to strength and so many people are much more comfortable with leaving that all important white space.
We can't wait to see what you do with this challenge!


19 comments:

  1. Great inspiration - would never have thought of plane! Excellent! Jenx

    ReplyDelete
  2. fab cards a s always - will try to get one done before I go away for a few days - but who knows!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous examples. Off to search through my stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous cards already, off for a think now :) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely fabulous, but i prefer the first one.
    Nice weekend and lovely greet
    Marja

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous inspiration again this week ladies thank you.

    thanks for another fab challenge

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab theme - almost forgot the OLC rule though - what a mistake that would have been?

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great inspirations here. Thank you for the challenge

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great challenge. The deadline is I guess October 19th? (and not September - as is says)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aweome sample ladies! Thanks for the inspiration. I have the challenge rules right this time:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is going to be a popular theme I'm sure! Thanks ladies, Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Mandi and Chrissie! Long time no see but I couldn't resist joining back into the challenge this week. I have gone for the easy option but love butterflies. Hope you are both well xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm never, ever going to become really good at one layer cards! But love the inspiration

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello Chrissie and Mandi, I just posted my entry and was so excited all day to play along this great challenge. Thank you for all your TLC!

    xo, Marian Garcia (USA Cupertino, CA)

    ReplyDelete
  16. great cards ladies,i post my card and i hope you like it
    Carina xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMGee, you guys, I was just commenting on another card and the light bulb went off that today, OF ALL DAYS, my card is not one layer and shouldn't be linked! I even typed in my post that it was supposed to be one-layer, for crying out loud!! I'm so losing it!! The stupid part is that I didn't even have to layer it! Okay. Okay. I'm going into exclamation point meltdown. If I take the blue off and take another picture and edit my blog, which I'm happy to do, can you replace the link? I'm mortified!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi, So beautiful are your cards with great inspiration such a great challenge too! x

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm late with their "wings" 25 minutes ... damage. I'm glad that other colleagues have shown a lot of beautiful work. It's very nice to see so much beauty in one place. These works give wings. Very much so. Dzięuję for cool fun. Regards

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE NOTE: SPAM COMMENTS WILL NEVER BE PUBLISHED!

Thank you for your support and encouraging messages. We love to see you on our personal blogs too.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.