08 December 2012

One Layer Week 97

Everyone's favourite!
It's 
ONE LAYER WEEK
There was a time when the thought of this challenge struck fear into the hearts of crafters around the globe, but now it seems that the ONE LAYER CARD holds no fear for LIMettes far and wide.
For our challenge this week we have the title
IN A ROW
This challenge is just as the title implies...a one layer card with something or other in a row... take your pick, it could be anything, just use your imagination!

So I have a couple of cards for you today and when I first saw the theme I thought about the phrase "getting your ducks in a row" so that is what inspired my first card..  I simply printed the Pollycraft digi onto a kraft card base and then coloured in with my Prismas... It's finished off with some seam binding from The Ribbon Girl and I have rounded off opposite corners.
My second card is using a paper smooches set that I got from My Mums Craft Shop. I lined up the snowmen and robin on a large stamp block and stamped straight onto the card.  I then added a cheeky moustache from the extras in the set.  It's been coloured in with Promarkers and a sentiment added from the same set.  I finished it off with some doodling, a little Stickles on the robin and some liquid pearls for the snowman's buttons.

This is a crafty Individuals stamp, stamped in Whisper White on kraft cardstock and then clear embossed, with the buildings coloured in neutral shades using watercolour pencils and a water brush.
I couldn't decide on a sentiment... any suggestions?


This is my old favourite layout, with an embossed band added for good measure!
Three Hot off the Press snowflakes all in a row, with a few splodges from French Foliage added to accompany them. All heat embossed and then inked.
The sentiment is from Penny Black but sadly I've forgotten where the Christmas tree border embossing folder is from.
This week I have put up some new shelves in my craft room and assembled a new IKEA desk. I'll post a few pics on my personal blog, the shelves even ended up level!
Whatever next!
Do join us, this could be an excuse for a few more Christmas cards.
I guess we all need to get our 'ducks in a row' in readiness for the Christmas festivities.
Here's your chance!
Have a great week everyone!


15 comments:

  1. Fab challenge .... how about "from our house to yours" - that way it could be a Christmas card or a welcome to your new home card!

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great challenge, sounds easy......I think.Fab cards already I see.For your card Chrissie what about 'Let's hit the town tonight' :) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant challenge and beautiful cards x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such gorgeous inspiration cards - Jen, I just love your ducks! Hugs Sxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love a row layout and your samples are beautiful. I'm a bit of a stick in the mud about sentiments so I'd just go with Merry Christmas Chrissie! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Prachtige kaarten hebben jullie gemaakt.

    Liefs Diny.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wonderful cards
    I love the crafty Individuals stamp => stunning houses.
    My entry is simple freehand with zentangles. ;) Thanks for this challenge

    Monika
    basteln.co.at

    ReplyDelete
  8. great challenge , i love the one layer look txx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great idea! Love this challenge!
    Simone

    ReplyDelete
  10. Getting this card done took many trees lives, but it was worth it, lol! Thanks for the fabulous challenge and the amazing DT work for inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Phew, I DID get time to join in after all, but it was a close run thing. When did they start putting so few hours in the day?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for the work you have put into this post, it helps clear up some questions I had.I will bookmark your blog because your posts are very informative.We appreciate your posts and look forward to coming back...
    Samsung Mobiles

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a very useful article. Very interesting to read this article.I would like to thank you for the efforts you had made for writing this awesome articleedumains
    ipl t20 india
    blogandwp

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE NOTE: SPAM COMMENTS WILL NEVER BE PUBLISHED!

Thank you for your support and encouraging messages. We love to see you on our personal blogs too.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.