23 February 2013

Week 108 - Paper Piercing

Our challenge last week resulted is some very inventive ideas for up in the air, but some fantastic cards emerged.  Hopefully this week's recipe is a little easier... 

PAPER PIERCING
We want to see some tiny holes dotted around on your creations this week ...  Don't forget to check out the challenge rules.. there were a few entries bending them slightly last week



My first card uses image, paper and sentiment from Pink Petticoat and I've coloured it in with Promarkers.  I used my sewing machine minus the thread to do some paper piercing around the edge of the mount.



For my second card I used a piercing tool to create the bee's buzz behind it.  The sentiment, Image and papers are also from Pink Petticoat.

I have been at my daughter's all this last week and crafting was the last thing I was able to think about..but I was back on Friday and have a couple of quick cards to show you.
This one uses two of the Framelits dies from Stampin' Up, mounted on dimensionals and with the lower shape pierced with a pokey tool. The image is from a cheap 99cents stamp set from Michael's in Palm Desert last year. The sentiment is from Simon Says Stamp and both are stamped in Lucky Limeade ink.


This one is a little stamp from Bloomin' Marvellous, one of SU's Salebration sets, stamped with Versamark and sprinkled with a variety of embossing powders. The lower circle was given a similar treatment, before the two circles were then pierced. The horizontal band was pierced with a little gizmo which you use in conjunction with a Scor Pal or Scor Buddy and it makes great perforations.
The sentiment is also from the Bloomin Marvellous set.

Please don't forget to try to visit some other participants in our challenge and leave them a friendly word... it means so much!

14 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards Jen. My fav is the last one. Fantastic.
    lovely greet and nice weekend
    Marja

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards ladies, you really have chosen a great theme and set the bar super high with your fabulous inspiration pieces! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards from you all x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy to have joined in again. Simply beautiful inspiration... ditto Dotty Jo's comment above!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These cards are all beautiful. Not sure I can do cas I 'm going to try tomorrow. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many gorgeous designs, both from the DT and the other bloggers. Hope you'll all take pity on me - mine's more an account of "what went wrong" than anything else!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great challenge - I'll be back to comment! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've added a second entry as I enjoyed this so much. I hope you can see the image. It is very difficult to photograph something like this - well for me anyway, lol. Any advice for future pics gratefully received :0) Mo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I could carry on piercing... thanks for the fun challenge ladies! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful cards ladies, I particularly loved Jen's bee card and Chrissie's hummer card, great job! A lovely change to do piercing, thank you both, Gay x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the fun challenge! GORGEOUS cards by the DT as always! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful cards Jen and Chrissie; I especially love the embossing treatment on the last card. That turned out really lovely.

    I was wondering if there was a issue with blogspot: I can't see any of the submissions. I logged on so I could visit the other LIMettes and leave comments, but only the original post is showing up. :(
    Is it just me or is anyone else experiencing this issue?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm having a cray-cray week, but you'll see I HAD to play in this one! I can tell by the entries that lots of others joined in the fun! Thank you for another awesome challenge and just amazing inspiration cards for us, Chrissie and Jen. I've got to dash off for a work emergency, but hope to visit your individual blogs, too. Mwah!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a great challenge I have never done paper piercing before, and the entries are all fab ;)
    Hugs
    Suzy B

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE NOTE: SPAM COMMENTS WILL NEVER BE PUBLISHED!

Thank you for your support and encouraging messages. We love to see you on our personal blogs too.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.