09 March 2013

Week 110 One Layer

It's a really tricky one this week girls!
Not only is it 
ONE LAYER
but we are also asking you for 
SPOTS and STRIPES
If we could use papers it would be easy, right? 
We know you'll come up with some fabulous designs and are really looking forward to seeing what appears.

Jen

So as you read this I'm either at the airport or in Paris for the week so I'm sorry I won't get to visit you all... Here are my cards for this week


So I did use papers... digi papers that is... they are perfect for the one layer card if you manipulate them a little in word or print over part of a card.  The first card is stripes from Pink Petticoat printed as a rectangle on A4 then cut down the middle to give the tent card.  I then stamped the spots from Paper Smooches gently over the top.  The sentiment is Kirsty Wiseman and I've doodled round the edges


For the second card I cropped pink petticoat paper again over A4 using word and then printed the same sheet with the sentiment.  It's finished off with stripes of black twine from the ribbon girl and a embosslit butterfly from Stampin UP

I spent some time looking through my stamps for evidence of spots or stripes and found this freebie from a magazine which I believe is Hot off the Press. There was just a striped deck chair and a plain one, to which I added the  necessary spots and coloured with Promarkers.
The sentiment is made with a set of Sizzix alphabet stamps.
This one is a simple collage of stamps. The spots and stripes are Tim Holtz stamps, overstamped with the plant image from Unity.
I began by stamping the spots in Bundled Sage distress ink and then clear embossing it. This was followed by the stripes in Iced Spruce DI, which I simply let dry. The final stamping was done in Pine Needles DI, which again I clear embossed. Job done!
Your spots or stripes could be dry embossed too...what can you show us this week?

14 comments:

  1. So beautiful and great inspiration x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards I am going to think about how I`m going to make mine so I can enter the challenge
    Greetz and have a nice Saturday
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love this challenge,great insiration!
    Carina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the fun challenge! Gonna have to make another one SOON! :) Gorgeous DT work, ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for this challenge, really got me thinking and trying new ink colours

    Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the challenge (and it a challenge it was)! Wonderful inspiration from the DT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the dots and stripes challenge! My favorite combination~

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really love this week challenge. I hope I have time to create something :)
    everyone doing a great take on this challenge

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another great challenge and Fab DT inspirations

    Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Naja, das ist wirklich schwierig, zu schwierig wie ich finde. One Layer dazu müsste nicht sein. Leider habe ich das auch überlesen, und meine Karte passt deshalb auch nicht dazu. Es wäre nett,wenn die Nr. 74 gelöscht werden könnte.
    In Zukunft werde ich genauer lesen, und darum auch wahrscheinlich, wenn die Herausforderungen so schwierig sind, nicht mehr oft mitmachen können.

    lg Frieda

    ReplyDelete
  11. Don't worry Frieda, we can leave your card there, I realise that sometimes the translation is difficult...as is this challenge, but we'd love to see your work whenever you can join us!
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another great challenge....I need to play along more often....yall have some fun challenges!! I will be back!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. HI ladies lovely to see you again!! Great idea for a challenge this week, loads of scope and you both made totally inspirational cards for us!! Thank you so much, Gay x

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE NOTE: SPAM COMMENTS WILL NEVER BE PUBLISHED!

Thank you for your support and encouraging messages. We love to see you on our personal blogs too.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.