13 July 2013

Week 128 One Layer

For our 
One Layer Challenge 
this week we like to see cards which are 
NOT SQUARE or RECTANGULAR

This card is made using some of the goodies I bought at the Portsmouth craft show.The base was made with the largest Sizzix hexagon of my new set of dies which was placed just over  the folded edge of the card, so it didn't get cut off.
The embossing is from a Nellie's Choice folder called Flower Corner, which I simply love for partial embossing of panels for cards etc.
The sentiment is from Stampin' Up.

This one began with a similarly constructed card base and stamped with some images from Blockhead stamps. It was coloured with Distress inks using a water brush for the detail and a sponge dauber for the shading.



My first card uses the octagonal spellbinder to cut out this mini card.  I have simply added hexagons and a sentiment both from Clearly Besotted to make this on trend card.  The colours are the new in colours from stampin up and returning pear pizazz.


My second card is made from the fabulous  bermuda bay colour from stampin up and is cut using the star framelit from Sizzix.  The sentiment and mini star are also from stampin up.  I have finished it off with some faux sticthing and a little wink of stella pen on the middle star.
***

14 comments:

  1. Beautiful creations Ladies x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! I can't believe it!!! Not only did I misalign my spotlight BUT I failed to note that it's ONE LAYER WEEK!!! Grrr - have just removed my entry - will endeavour to have another go shortly - sorry Chrissie and Jen

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Right, had another go and uploaded my ONE LAYER version - sorry about that, that'll teach me to read the theme FULLY!!!

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funtabulos one layered cards !Specially the be-hive one..what a wonderful shading it has !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mine is far from square :). Thanks for a great challenge - its been a while since I played - I have missed this challenge! Great cards Ladies -

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful idea, had to think hard about this one and thoroughly enjoyed the challenge! Thank you for such lovely inspiration cards ladies, hugs Gay x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooh, lovely examples, posting my effort now, will be back with comments after dusk!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for a great challenge and the lovely DT inspirations

    Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a challenge! Shaped card - challenging. One layer - challenging. Both together - verging on impossible! I take my hat off to all the talented crafters whose results are so much better than mine.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Chrissie
    your honeycomb is absolutely beautiful - love it - and that bee is so realistic. I am off to find the blockheads stamps.
    Mary
    Great challenge too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you both for a fab challenge this week.....a very challenging challenge....and some gorgeous inspiration as always from you :)....

    San x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the great inspiration! Best, CG

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for another great challenge -just made it this time!

    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE NOTE: SPAM COMMENTS WILL NEVER BE PUBLISHED!

Thank you for your support and encouraging messages. We love to see you on our personal blogs too.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.