03 August 2013

Week 131 - Colour Challenge

It's a new month so that means a new sponsor and we are delighted to welcome back
WOW 

January Sponsor

as our sponsor for August!!

The first week of the month means a colour challenge and this month we have decided to use one of the fabulous inspiration pictures from Design Seeds.  We really hope you like it!

thankful tones

Jen

Firstly, I am sorry if I didn't make it to you this week... I'll be catching up this weekend on a lot of things I didn't have time to do this week.  Don't you just hate it when the week doesn't go as you planned?


For my first card I use scrap of card from Stampin Up (the yellow is More Mustard) and I have simply stitched them with my little sewing machine.  The punches and sentiment are also Stampin up. It's a fairly simple design and great for using up bits of card stock.


My second card uses the same coloured card stock as the first but in very different proportions.  I have kept this card a lot light by using whisper white as the base.  The sentiment is from a retired set from sale-a-bration this year and the button from The Ribbon Girl.

I made two cards this week from one piece of stamping and inking. I took a piece of card and stamped the trees with Adirondack Butterscotch, then clear embossed the images before inking with Adirondack Lake Mist and SU Basic Grey inks, applied with sponge daubers. The Sky was given a little colour with n ink duster brush and SU Bashful Blue ink. The sentiment is from Paper Smooches.


This second one was made from the same piece of inking, merely chopped to size, over-stamped in Adirondack Hazel Nut with an SU sanded background stamp and put behind a frame.
The tree stamp is from Darkroom Door.
Many apologies for my lack of comments last week, but we were on holiday in Spain with our daughter and two small grandchildren... our time was somewhat occupied... and when we wanted the kids in out of the sun... the iPads were occupied too!
I hope to get around to visit you this week!


9 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous colours, and fabulous inspiration cards :) Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the inspiration again! Have a fun and creative weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your examples are outstanding ladies. Can't wait until I have time to play.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another brilliant challenge Ladies, thank you:D
    Wonderful cards from you both too, really interesting colours, I enjoyed this one!!! Gay x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very inspirational cards from Jen and Chrissie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great challenge ladies, and wonderful DT inspiration.
    Hugs
    Suzy B
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great inspiration. Thanks for challenging me to try my hand at more colour challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the colours in this weeks challenge, and the DT inspirations are beautiful

    Bev :)

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE NOTE: SPAM COMMENTS WILL NEVER BE PUBLISHED!

Thank you for your support and encouraging messages. We love to see you on our personal blogs too.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.