10 August 2013

Week 132 One Layer

For our 
ONE LAYER
 challenge this week, we would like to see 
NUMBERS!
Just one would do, but you may have as many as you wish!

For this card I printed the the sentiment and the blue band across the card and then embossed it by using part of a Sizzix numbers embossing folder. To do this I used one B plate on my Cuttlebug, plus a couple of pieces of thick card which together made up the same thickness as a B plate. These were wider than the card and cut to the exact depth of the coloured band.
The card was then inserted in the folder, and the pieces of card aligned with the coloured band and together with one B plate was run through the machine.
To finish, I scored the two lines above and below the panel.
A one layer card that looks like it's not!


This is simply a computer generated sentiment coloured with some Copic pens.
Easy Peasy!

Jen


My first card uses a fabulous new set from Clearly Besotted called blast off... Inspired by the 3-2-1 I thought it was perfect... I've simply stamped it in various momento inks and finished off the flame with a gold wink of stella pen....


I'm not too sure about this one... think I got just a little carried away with the enamel accents but I didn't  have the time for a re-make.  The numbers are from the sketched alpha stamps from Stampin Up and just some pure black versafine ink I have randomly stamped with exception of the 18.  The birthday is also from Clearly Besotted and I just masked off the happy to leave this.

 ***


7 comments:

  1. Good Morning Ladies, another great challenge, and I love your examples. I certainly wont be the first to make a card as I am busy this weekend but will put my thinking cap on for later in the week. Thanks for all your hard work, it is so nice to have a challenge to look forward to every Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning from me too, the challenge today was perfect, I have so many ideas going on LOL loads of fun, Thanks! Love your examples, super cards, Gay x

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.s, Well said Gina, I look forward to our Saturday challenge, thank you both for all your hard work, it is much appreciated, x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous cards and a great challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab Challenge
    Hugs
    Suzy B :-)
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. It seems I am not permitted the tiny piece of DP at the bottom of my entry. My mistake. Please delete my entry thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely cards ladies and a great challenge!

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE NOTE: SPAM COMMENTS WILL NEVER BE PUBLISHED!

Thank you for your support and encouraging messages. We love to see you on our personal blogs too.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.