24 August 2013

Week 134 - Recipe Washi Tape

For our recipe this week we want you to use or make
WASHI TAPE
You can use the shop bought type or you can make your own one way or another. We know you will be inventive if you don't have any in your stash...
Chrissie
This card uses a fab image from A Day for Daisies, which I simply coloured with Spectrum Noir pens. The music on the body of the bird reminded me of this Washi tape from Tim Holtz, which I merely used to cover the frame which I'd made using Sizzix Framelit dies.
This one employs a little home-made washi.
I made it by sticking some double sided tape onto the back of some tissue paper and then stamping the design on it with a Stampin' Up Roller stamp. I then sliced the paper into strips with my paper trimmer. To use it, you merely remove the backing paper and adhere it to your project.
The sentiment is my first attempt at using my new Silhouette Portrait paper cutter. I think I could do with a course on it as I'm not incredibly techy. But this turned out OK more by luck than judgement I might add! 


For my first card I simply coloured in the fabulous image from Stampin UP and then stitched around it using the washi tape from Stampin Up to fasten the image to the back ground.  This is one of my favourite ways to use washi tape.


My second card used the washi tape as an element on the card. The hero arts stamp is stamped onto grey card stock in the same colour ink.  The washi is from MT and the sentiment from Clearly Besotted.

SO... let's see what you can come up with this time. LIMettes never seem to be defeated  by any challenge that we manage to dream up. We can't wait to see... but remember that white space!!!!


***

12 comments:

  1. Wow, you have done it again Ladies, super examples and stunning ideas. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Chrissie and Jen,
    Is it okay to use fabric tape?
    Thanks,
    Monica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant cards from the Dt's x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab cards ! The first one is simply superb !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous challenge -- I adore washi tape! Awesome samples as usual~ :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmm. Now that I've linked, I'm wondering. Not sure what I've done negates the white space rule ... I may have been a bad girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the great challenge, and lovely DT inspirations. I loved trying to make my own Washi tape as was suggested, and may just have use this idea again!!.

    Bev :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another great challenge ladies and I even managed to fit it in between careering up and down the motorways of Britain! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow - look at all the ways we stampers have managed to design with Washi Tape! what inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful collection of cards - and an amazing variety too. They are all so clever my three favorites are:-
    Michelle McGraw,Lucy F and Rachel
    Thanks for sharing these lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful collection of cards - and an amazing variety too. They are all so clever my three favorites are:-
    Michelle McGraw,Lucy F and Rachel
    Thanks for sharing these lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE NOTE: SPAM COMMENTS WILL NEVER BE PUBLISHED!

Thank you for your support and encouraging messages. We love to see you on our personal blogs too.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.