14 September 2013

Week 137 OLC Get Well Soon

It's everyone's favourite this week... One Layer Week and hopefully this is an easy theme.  
Get Well Soon

Firstly I'm sorry but I only have one card this week.. My mojo is slowly coming back but I'm playing catch up at the moment.  I have used a super cute image from Pink Petticoat which comes with the sentiment underneath already.  It's printed onto Pistachio card stock from Stampin Up and then I have simply added liquid pearls to give it some dimension. 




Firstly I would like to apologise for my lack of comments over the last couple of weeks, but I have been enjoying a cruise to the Baltic, calling at Stockholm, Tallinn, St Petersburg, Helsinki, Warnemunde, Copenhagen and Kristiansand. It was a wonderful trip but, the internet on the ship was expensive and slow and I was also quite busily occupied most of the time. I hope to be back up to speed this week!


For this card I used the Framelit die as a template to shape the sentiment (which is straight) on an acrylic block. The stamp was then applied within the embossed arch, then the image was stamped afterwards. As ever I have a problem remembering the make of the stamps!



These Stampin' Up stamps, although retired are some of my favourites. As these are two step stamps, I keep a piece of acetate already stamped with the coloured part of this card, in the box with the stamps to use with my stamp positioner. It saves having to stamp one each time I want to use the set!
The sentiment is from Art Impressions.




***


10 comments:

  1. Beautiful examples ladies. Hope to get an entry in this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jee, Chrissie, you´re quick with your nice comment! It shows you picked up a lot of energy during the cruise! Hope you enjoyed your trip! Like the cards you both made! (And I start and try to make something different...) Have a fun and creative weekend, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah Chrissie - I deleted my cute guy -- I totally missed the one layer - :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. SUPER tip on pre-inking a sheet and setting aside with set!
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chrissie, you are right it does have a layer on it as I did not read properly the bit where it says one layer week. No worries I will re work it and replace, but not today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great cards Jen and Chrissie! Thank you it's a fun challenge this week :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great cards ladies. Sorry Chrissie my PC won't let me visit your personal website as it has malware!
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great examples for our inspiration!! I love that you have this one layer challenge...it moves me outside of my comfort zone but I am learning and enjoying the challenge!!

    www.CardsPaperAndScrapbooks.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the simple clean lines of the cards - and how scrap booking doesn't have to be all about filling every littlelittle bit of the paper surface. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE NOTE: SPAM COMMENTS WILL NEVER BE PUBLISHED!

Thank you for your support and encouraging messages. We love to see you on our personal blogs too.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.