21 September 2013

Week 138 Theme

It seems that the One Layer Challenge seems to catch out lots of crafters... regulars as well as those new to "Less is More". Last week was a case in point, where there were several submissions not adhering to the one layer rule! 
However there were some fabulous cards as our next ShowCASe will prove!

Jen is taking a hiatus for a couple of weeks as she is snowed under with things other than crafting and has asked her very good friend Lizy to be a Guest Designer in her stead. I'm sure that you are all familiar with Lizy's fab contributions to our challenges each week.
Thanks Lizy!

Our theme this week is to use 
FELT or FABRIC

There are many ways of incorporating either or both of these elements and still keeping the card Clean and Simple!
 
I found these little, felt, simplistic flowers from Stampin' Up when rummaging in a drawer in my craft cupboard. (Although they could easily be made using small circle dies.) The stems were stamped with the edge of a piece of thick card.
For this card, I made the sentiment on the computer using the text box process as shown in a previous LIM tutorial and then arranged them to fit in the Framelit shape. To do this, I cut my shape from a piece of card, then held it over the computer  screen to see how the arrangement worked, adjusting the position of the words as necessary. I use Word 2007 for word processing and have found that if I increase the size of the screen in the View menu to 105%, the size on the screen is pretty close to a sheet of A4.


This piece of card is being held flat against the computer screen!









The felt butterflies were die cut, first sticking some double sided tape of the back felt, before running the dies through the machine.
There are more examples on my personal blog this week, plus a tutorial for a folded fabric flower.  DO drop by to take a look!

Lizy

I am so happy to be joining is as a guest designer this week... Here are my creations


My first card used the All Dressed Up Framelits from Stampin Up to cut out the felt and make this fabulous dress.  The sentiment is also from Stampin Up.


For my second card I have used the stamps and dies from the festive flurry set from Stampin Up.  The paperare Winter Frost designer stack, the sentiment from Teeny Tiny Sentiments.  It's finished with a Frosted Finish embellishment.

***


6 comments:

  1. Love the DT cards. The snowflakes in felt look amazing. A xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this challenge,lovely cards ladies

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant challenge, have been away so will have to get my skates on to enter this week. Great cards everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would like to have them all so cute

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE NOTE: SPAM COMMENTS WILL NEVER BE PUBLISHED!

Thank you for your support and encouraging messages. We love to see you on our personal blogs too.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.