19 October 2013

Week 142 Theme

What wonderful witches we saw last week.
Once more there were several submissions which had forgotten or overlooked the One Layer Card week rule, but this week that doesn't necessarily apply, although they are always welcome at LIM.
For our theme this week we have chosen
TREES
It doesn't matter what kind of trees, but we would like to see a little more than just leaves!

This card shows a couple of ways of adding Gilding flakes. The Penny Black tree was stamped in Versamark and then sprinkled with Stamp 'n' Bond. After heating, the flakes were adhered and then burnished with a scoochy or whatever the little scrubby things are called.
For the sentiment, I added the flakes in a different way. I put some double sided sticky paper onto the front side of the card before die-cutting the letters. Once cut, I peeled off the backing and then dropped the letters into the tub of flakes. Once more they were burnished with the scrubby thing. Sadly the picture doesn't do justice to the fab shine one the card.
For this one I printed some freebie download trees from Simply Cards and Papercraft mag onto scraps of DP from my left-over drawer. In fact the papers look more similar once printed as this version has text on too. I simply varied the size and cut out the trees adding a little Stickles to each one.
The sentiment is computer generated in a font to match the text on the trees.
There are a few more cards on my personal blog.


My first card uses a fabulous Stampin Up stampin in hero arts shadow ink and simply stitched around the edges.  The sentiment is the from the same set.  The shadow inks blend into the paper you use to give a smooth ink effect.


My second card uses tiny trees from waltzing mouse stamps.  I used the same colour shadow inks for the tree but onto crumbcake card stock. The spotty paper is from anna marie designs.

***

8 comments:

  1. What a great challenge ladies - perfect for autumn or Christmas! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant cards from you all x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for a great challenge! Beautiful samples Ladies~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great theme this week-I hope I have enough tree on my entry though LOL!
    Nessa xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Chrissie and Jen, for your stunning inspiration cards for this wonderful timely theme!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just found your site. It's my first time entering. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am SO SORRY not to have visited many of your blogs this week, especially with so many LOVELY entries. I'm on vacation and doing "schtuff" which has been keeping me away from my 'puter. Hope you'll all forgive me - I promise to visit more when I get back home in November

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE NOTE: SPAM COMMENTS WILL NEVER BE PUBLISHED!

Thank you for your support and encouraging messages. We love to see you on our personal blogs too.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.