26 October 2013

Week 143 Recipe

Good morning everyone! Another Saturday, another challenge.
For our recipe this week, we'd like to see
String or Twine
Jen

I really am on the last minute for everything this week... It's been one of those where I need longer days so I just have one card for you for the moment :-(


I've used some dotty card from Anna Marie for my card base... I love spotty card and then after using the curved edge die from Simon Says Stamp I have wrapped the crumb cake card stock with red twine from the ribbon girl.  It's finished off with a sentiment from LOTV and some cheery lynn holly leaves.

I'm hoping this week will be a lot less chaotic and I'll have some crafting time 

I made these twine flowers some time ago and I'm hoping that some kind person will be able to remind me where I came across the tutorial, as in true senior vein I don't remember.., I believe it may have been via our LIMette Gillian's  (Made with Sparkle) blog, but I looked there and couldn't find it.
Gillian has given us the link... thanks Gillian... here it is!
http://madewithsparkle.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/less-is-more-week-129.html?m=1
I used Stampin' Up's twine which is just perfect for this technique.
The sentiment is a die cut from Cuttlebug's Olivia alphabet. The stems are some just stalks from another die!

I used a flat knot for this one. I first saw how to construct it here. Barbara is a consummate crafter and her tutorial is great.
I was using scraps for this one... small piece of paper from Pink Petticoat, and scraps of kraft card.
The sentiment is from Paper Smooches.
***

7 comments:

  1. Wonderful cards as always. Chrissie here is the link to my blog with the twine flowers. I'll be a bit later with my card today as I am going cupcake decorating

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loops forgot the link. http://madewithsparkle.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/less-is-more-week-129.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab examples ladies, I was out at the NEC yesterday (not craft related boo-hoo) so did not have chance to comment. Off to see the end of the F1.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for another great challenge ladies. Super cards from you, as usual. Sue.x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous inspiration ladies and lots of great entries - thank you for the fab challenge.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many inspirational uses for twine! I haven't been using it much lately and thought I wouldn't do this challenge - but then I was making a card for another challenge - and the card needed something to fill the space at the top - and I thought - Aha! let's put some twine there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is my first time to join this challenge -- I hope I didn't mess up or anything. :) Great challenge, ladies. Great cards, too. I feel so inspired! :)

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE NOTE: SPAM COMMENTS WILL NEVER BE PUBLISHED!

Thank you for your support and encouraging messages. We love to see you on our personal blogs too.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.