23 November 2013

Week 147

Today we have another chance for you to catch up on those 
Christmas Cards
but this time with the added proviso to
 Use a Bird!
What fun!
Don't forget to keep it CAS and it would be great if you could visit a few fellow participants to our challenge to leave a friendly word.

Jen

Before I go onto my cards I just want to thank you all for your patience whilst I've been off as I've not been able to visit many of you in the last few weeks due to various things.  You are all fabulous and life is finally back to normality ... at least until Christmas :-)

For my cards today I have used the many of the same ingredients to make both cards. The images are the fabulous Bobby Along images from this months sponsor Pink Petticoat!



For the first card I cute out the aperture using rounded rectangle spell binders and the placed this over the image I have coloured in with promarkers and copics. It's finished off with a little glitter and some lucky limeade twine from Stampin Up.


As I have turned into a frugal crafter, I decided to use the negative from the aperture from my first card for the second.  The image is also coloured in with markers and then simply mounted onto the off cut. A little bit of liquid pearls finishes off the berries.

Chrissie


For this card I used a scrap of designer paper, I'm not sure of the origin as it's been sculling around in the drawer for quite some time, but I think it may be Pink Petticoat, I'm sure someone will put me right. The little bird stamp is from Hero Arts, coloured with Copics. The tiny holly die cut is from an Impression Obsession, wreath set. I failed to scrawl the make of the sentiment on the carrier sheet of the clear set from which this comes, but if I find out I'll add details of it.
The stitching is merely faux stitching using a paper piercing tool and a Clear Star Gelly Roll pen.


The other day a friend came round to make her husband a 50th birthday card using my bits and pieces. I cut out this Memory Box tree to show her what die cuts were and how they were cut. She decided on a different design so I thought I would use this one for a Christmas card. The little bird is cut from a Martha Stewart border punch. The sentiment is from the same set as the previous card.
Lots of birds seem to creep into Christmas, there are a few more cards on my personal blog, and we can't wait to see what birds take flight from your blogs!
***

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards as always ladies

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous inspiration cards and great challenge theme.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great challenge ladies, as well as your fabulous cards. Loved playing along again this week! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I do love a bird stamp! Thanks for another fun challenge ladies. Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE NOTE: SPAM COMMENTS WILL NEVER BE PUBLISHED!

Thank you for your support and encouraging messages. We love to see you on our personal blogs too.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.