28 June 2014

Week 178 Recipe

My goodness, what a popular week our water-colouring challenge was and what wonderful cards appeared on our blog!
Thank you everyone for your inspiration. We hope you managed to visit a few fellow entrants to leave a friendly word. 
This week we have 
A RECIPE
for you
Use a recycled item!
It can be anything, card, ribbon, paper, metal... anything that has been used before!
Once more we are delighted to have a Guest Designer joining us. This time it is 
She made this fabulous rosette from a pop can and has kindly made a tutorial how to do this which you can find on her blog, so DO check it out!
Jen

I decided to attack my two boxes of scraps and saved items.  The card blank had the image in the middle removed and the sentiment cut from a card I didn't really like.  I also have a tub or removed gems, buttons etc and the gem came from that box!


I used a Memory box die to remove the damaged bit of the card blank and then used a scrap of dotty paper in the background.  The happy birthday sentiment from Simon Says Stamp is cut twice from pool party and added over the aperture.  I simply finished it off with a rescued gem for the i!

Believe it or not this is a gift tag which was on a shop-bought
gift bag for my birthday last year and I've held on to it thinking
'this will come in handy'
It comprised of the shocking pink banners, black and white checked button 
the large button at the top and the ribbons.
I've just added a couple more recycled buttons from my stash, 
a strip of washi tape, sentiment from Clearly Besotted and gems.
Tattered Florals diecut from the yards and yards of packaging that came with my Amazon order of a sack of dog food.  More details and recycling on my blog.

This bunch of hearts seemed to be crying out to be made into a bouquet. It was die-cut from some shiny  packaging paper and coloured with Copics. To make the bow I used some of that dratted ribbon which is always sewn into the shoulders of sweaters, ostensibly to keep them on the hanger, but which always insists on showing when worn... so I chop it off and here is some of it! 
TIP
If ribbon is a little crumpled, I used my hair straighteners to just iron it out... it's really quick and saves me getting the iron out!

The dies are from Impression Obsession and the sentiment from Magenta. I'm sure I've seen a card similar to this in blogland somewhere, so forgive me if  I have lifted the idea from you! Please let me know if this is the case so that I can acknowledge the fact!

As always we would encourage you to visit the Designers' individual blogs as there will be more inspiration to be found there... and they too love comments.
***


7 comments:

  1. Great creative challenge! And fun to read what you from the DT used for the beautiful cards! All a creative and fun weekend, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Dt's creations and what a great tip with the ribbon that's something l will take up x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely samples ladies, well done to you all :D Chrissie's tip is brilliant, Thank you :D x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your inspiration. You really gave a great use to the recycled items in your cards... I'm not sure that my card qualifies to enter this challenge, please feel free to remove it if you think it doesn't.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another fun challenge ladies - and great DT cards as always - now where did I put the burn cream?!

    Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love seeing how people creatively reuse stuff. Thanks for some lovely ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab examples of great recycling !

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE NOTE: SPAM COMMENTS WILL NEVER BE PUBLISHED!

Thank you for your support and encouraging messages. We love to see you on our personal blogs too.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.