12 July 2014

Week 180 - One Layer Card

It's One Layer Card week and this week we have something fun for you... 

Adapt A Fingerprint
We also have another fabulous guest designer for you
Jane


Chrissie

There's a bit of a story behind the making of this card... it was very much a last minute job, as I had merrily been making cards for this week's challenge, forgetting that it was a one layer week! I remembered just before I went out on Friday evening and so had to hastily make this before I went to bed!
I stamped the lower part of the card with one of the SU Gorgeous Grunge stamps and clear embossed it. I then inked it with Memento Summer Sky Ink and then used Salty Ocean Distress Ink for the finger fishes (not fish fingers!). The bubbles stamps were from a Rubbernecker Grab Bag from Ally Pally and the sentiment is from The Alley Way Stamps.
You can see my mistakes on my personal blog!

Jen


I had so much fun making this card... I used 
espresso truffle memento ink for the fingerprints onto Basic Grey card stock from Stampin Up. (i still look like a suspect now as it won't budge) and then stamped the branch from Love Blossoms and the little leaves from Design A Tree (both Clearly Besotted). For the moon I punched out a circle from scrap card and then used Unicorn White Hero Art ink pad and filled it in with finger prints.  



 I stamped the outline images using Uniko Studio Flower Power#2 then coloured the petals with my fingerprint using Distress Inks. The sentiment is Clearly Besotted and I've added some Doodlebug sequins then pearls from my stash.



Over the years I must have discarded dozens of cards that would fit this challenge - one layer with fingerprints on.  Oops there goes another one!  I've used Mown Lawn Distress Ink to make my topiary tree, with less thumb for each layer.  The pot is an Inky Doodles stamp and the sentiment is from Hero Arts.  The pot and ground are also coloured with Distress Ink , Vintage Photo and Weathered Wood.  More inky fingerprints on my blog, hope you have as much fun as I did with this challenge.


Do join in this fun one... our winner for June will be announced later in the week!

Before we go we must mention our LIMister Sid who has joined us recently but has been the most wonderful commenter on entries to our challenges. He has been tireless in visiting everyone. We all know how much we like to receive a friendly word from visitors to our blogs, so I'm sure you'll join us in saying a big THANK YOU to Sid!
***


14 comments:

  1. Great inspirationcards! I still have a smile on my face while typing this....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to join you in thanking Sid, he's certainly visited (and now follows) my own blog - thanks Sid!

    Can't believe I'm first to enter this week - not sure I've EVER managed that before but the idea just popped right in to my head! Great challenge ladies

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies for your vote of thanks, I always try to visit everyone and leave a comment !

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! Such an amazing idea! and all the DT cards are gorgeous inspirations....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please delete my card because I got carried away with the one layer card and forgot about the fingerprint - so sorry x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just saw Craft Linby's entry on her blog and had to come check out this challenge. So much fun, so much inspiration. Who needs a stamp when you have a fingerprint. Great work everyone. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have to say that all these cards make me smile. I LOVE this technique!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great inspiration cards :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm really enjoying this challenge - it's a totally new technique for me and I'm loving seeing everyone's different ideas. And it's a technique that means we always have a great crafting tool at the tips of our fingers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ha ha! Fun challenge this week, great cards as well many Thanks to you all :D x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun challenge! Love seeing all the many ideas from the DT and the entries.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Who knew that you could be so creative with just your fingerprints!?!?! Some fab and very imaginative entries this week from my VERY creative fellow LIM-ettes

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE NOTE: SPAM COMMENTS WILL NEVER BE PUBLISHED!

Thank you for your support and encouraging messages. We love to see you on our personal blogs too.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.