11 April 2015

One Layer Splatters Week 219

What a bumper bundle of fabulous cards were submitted for our challenge last week, thank you to everyone for your fabulous work!
This week we're back to our
One Layer Card 
and we would like you to include
Splatters
These could be applied in any way you choose, stamped, flicked, spritzed, dropped, whatever!

Here are our examples and as ever there is more inspiration to be found on our personal blogs.

Card Recipe
Uniko Studio: BRIGHT Butterflies & Simply Said - Birthday
Having hap-hazardly masked off an area of my card I've 
spritzed, flicked and splattered the remaining card 
with a mix of perfect pearls, water and peacock feathers distress ink
before stamping my images and adding a touch of glossy accents
to some of my circle splatters.
Aquatints splattered from a paintbrush, with Visible Image sentiment and Indigo Blu flower heads over-stamped in black.

I discovered something when making this card...that my Spritzer tool can be adapted to take larger pens by removing the centre part of the barrel...it fell out when I was removing the Copic Pen I used to spritz the lighter green for this card. That might be a useful discovery!
I over stamped this with a Paper Artsy splat stamp using Forest Moss Distress ink and then stamped the leaf and sentiment from Stampin' Up's Kinda Eclectic stamp set. 

We hope you enjoy this one!
We're looking forward to visiting you!
***


14 comments:

  1. Ooh, lovely inspiration. Might have to have some splatty play! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had to swing by and see what today's challenge is although I shan't be about to enter till (probably) tomorrow - FANTABULOUS theme, I'm sure I may have one or two (or more) ideas for this by the morning!

    Fab inspiration too ladies

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  3. what, 1st again.. what happened to everyone :-) Fab challenge ladies xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely challenge. A bit out of my comfort zone but it realy worked out well. At least I think :-) Greets, Ankie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like this challenge, so may be I am able to join it !

    ReplyDelete
  6. A one layer card(eeek!)and splatters(double eeek!)I had to try something new this week for the challenge-thank you for making me step outside my comfort zone-it was fun! :)
    Nessa xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great inspiration, girls! Love It <3
    question: is it allowed to use Kraft paper instead of white, as a base?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes certainly use kraft or any colour for that matter. We call it 'white space' but it's just an area void of colouring, stamping, embellishments etc. Hope that's ok. Sarah x

      Delete
  9. Gorgeous DT cards. I will again try to play along this week.
    Thx for another great challenge.
    Veerle x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hallo Chrissie,
    Unfortunately, I do not know English and I use google translator. It so happened that I read the whole subject does not the challenge, I stopped in one layer ... and I did not see the desired splatters. I apologize for adding to the challenge when he did not fulfill the conditions.
    Regards,
    Bozena Adamusińska

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi ladies, i am back to join in. Had made two cards but was not sure which one to use so i entered both of them.
    Hope that's okay ?
    Have a nice day, greetings Veerle

    ReplyDelete
  12. I feel like I've missed so many challenges! It's great to be back for another fun challenge and to be inspired by your wonderful cards! Thank you!! Just look at that gallery - those OLCs don't scare people like they used to do, thanks to you guys!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE NOTE: SPAM COMMENTS WILL NEVER BE PUBLISHED!

Thank you for your support and encouraging messages. We love to see you on our personal blogs too.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.