25 July 2015

Week 234 Recipe

Morning all, we've a Celebration challenge
for you this week as our super talented Leader and
Queen of CAS, Chrissie is celebrating a very
special birthday this weekend! She'll be 70 years young!

It's Recipe week and we'd like you to use Snippets
on your card yet still maintaining the CAS look!

So it's snippets for Chrissie and we also have a
Guest Designer for one week only! 
Who better than the Snippet Queen herself ... 


If you've never visited Di's blog you are missing a treat and here's a
few little snippets about this lovely lady too ...

Having crafted as a child it was about 20 years ago that the card making bug bit me - HARD!
What started out as a hobby with a plastic box of supplies progressed to my own craft room -
 absolute bliss! I started blogging in 2010, love entering challenges, and am on the 
DT of Cuttlebug Mania. Much of my crafty time is spent running what's known as 
'Pixie's Snippets Playground' which is an 'anything goes' challenge, 
with the proviso that you use at least one scrap or snippet on your entry.

Less is More is a favourite challenge and I feel disappointed if I don't manage to join in each week.
 So you can imagine how delighted (aka tickled pink) I was to be asked 
to be guest designer for Chrissie's Birthday celebrations - where the theme is 'snippets'. 
Thank you so much for asking me! Here's my 'Snippet's Card'



Somehow the DT are having to follow Di's awesome card!
For more details on how Di created this beauty please head over to her blog HERE


And this is what the rest of the DT have been up to and there's more on
our personal blogs if you want to check them out. Chrissie is taking a well earned
birthday rest this week - to be honest she's been partying like crazy,
trying to keep up with the youngsters and feeling the effects now.
You may find her in a dark room, behind dark glasses, sipping lots of dark coffee!!!
or maybe even something stronger!


Anne

Tim Holtz Crazy Bird with some feathery snippets.  
They were stamped with a Craft Stamper freebie stamp onto a scrap of card 
that I had used Brushos on. The bird is grounded with Stamp Addicts dotty stamps 
(or is that corn he's eating?) and I rescued a few sequins from the craft mat. 
Woodware sentiment.

I would like to wish my good friend Chrissie a wonderful happy birthday 
- shake those tail feathers!


Card Recipe:
Having raided the snippets box and tipped the bin upside down
for bits of kraft and red holographic card here's what else I've used!
MFT Die-namics: Inside Out Diagonal Stitched rectangles
Avery Elle: Count on it Dies
Clearly Besotted: For Everyone sentiment
Handmade & fuzzy cut paint palate with Doodlebug sprinkles
Die-cut paintbrush has been in my stash forever.


Anita

I matted and layered a white cardstock panel onto some bright pink to create a frame. 
 I also stamped a banner in pink on a snippet of white cardstock and die cut this 
using it's co-ordinating die from Clearly Besotted.  
The 'flower' actually started its life as a butterfly die!  I saw this die by Britannia Dies
 at a craft show last month and loved how intricate it was.  I've die cut the butterfly four times
 from snippets of silver mirri card I've had in my stash for as long as I can remember.  
The lower wings were snipped off and then arranged and adhered together to create the 
flower petals and the banner popped up on 3D foam.  
I've included a photo of the original butterfly die cut over on my blog post.


Hopefully we've inspired you to search your snippets and
we can't wait to see what ingenious designs you come up with this week.
Thanks as always for playing along and please try to visit a few of
your fellow Limettes to leave some friendly feedback.

***





29 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Chrissie! Enjoy your special day. Congratulations to Di on her Guest Designer spot. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you, Chrissie, hope you have a lovely day.

    Great challenge from you, Di. How fortuitous that one of yesterday's makes (for this morning's post) used snippets - not often I get to enter first!

    Have a great weekend peeps

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a treat to see these fab cards for my special day!
    We've been sitting in the aircraft on the Tarmac at Bournemouth airport for the last 40minutes waiting to push back due to congestion over Southern Europe!
    Malaga here we come!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations from Sweden!! I just arrived home from Barcelona...so warm!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I´m not sure what "Snippets" are..is it a small part of something?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Biggan!

      A snippet can also be known as a 'scrap'. Usually a little bit of leftover paper or card but it could be thread, wool or whatever. We crafters and card makers do seem to be real hoarders and never throw little leftover pieces of stuff away. On my card shown here today I went through my folder of scrap card/paper to find all the little pieces to then die cut for the balloon.

      Di x (GD at Less is More)

      Delete
  6. HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Chrissie . . .

    Wonderful to see Di as guest designer. She's the perfect choice for a LIM style snippet challenge guest designer.
    Fab snippets card from ALL the team.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Many happy returns, Chrissie! Hope you have a fab birthday, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday Chrissie. What a good choice of GDT too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy birthday to Chrissie!! :) What a lovely challenge!! Never heard of the term "snippets" before!! LOL!! Love it and the creations are darling!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Chrissie!! I've been so naughty of late to play along... I am so glad that I haven't missed the chance to send happy birthday wishes to you!!! Snippets beware... here I come!!! Enjoy your birthday!!!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy birthday Chrissie and have a lovely holiday! It's lovely to see Di as guest designer - and something tells me we'll be seeing a lot of new faces in the Snippets Playground this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So glad someone answered what is a snippet . .?
    Loved your picture at dinner on the ship . So elegant and beautiful . I'll be 69 at my next birthday . I can't believe it . May you have hoirs and hoirs of celebration in your present and future .

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday, Chrissie!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such great cards to inspire us again! Great idea to use snippets; there are always to many in my box... Enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. No last minute entry from me this week! Between Chrissie's birthday and Di's guest designing, I jumped right on this! It's so fun for me to see two of my favorite people sharing the stage for this challenge! Happy Birthday, Chrissie! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy birthday Chrissie! Hope you are having a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations Di on your Design Team spot! :) xx and congratulations Chrissie on your Birthday:) xx
    Fabulous theme!
    Nessa xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. A belated Happy Birthday Chrissie and hope you are having a great time! Congratulations to Di also for her GD spot, so well deserved! x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Best wishes to Chrissie, hope she's having a fab time. Great inspiration from everyone and congrats to Di on her DT spot. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Belated Birthday Wishes Chrissie and have a fab holiday. Fantastic inspiration and congratulations to Di on her gust designer slot x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy Birthday Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hey Chrissie! A little birdie named Darnell just chirped us all a message that it is your b-day today....so warmest wishes for a fun filled day of crafting, cake and presents!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Goodness me this was a fun challenge. Di congrats on your GDT.
    Chrissie you could easily have fooled me with your age, you by far don't look 70 years YOUNG.
    Have a nice day all, hugs Veerle xxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. congratulations on your birthday Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  25. Happy Birthday Chrissie! Glad I managed to get around to playing in this challenge! Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Belated Birthday Wishes Chrissie, I hope you are still celebrating! Fabulous inspiration and congratulations to Di on her Guest Designer spot.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE NOTE: SPAM COMMENTS WILL NEVER BE PUBLISHED!

Thank you for your support and encouraging messages. We love to see you on our personal blogs too.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.