14 November 2015

One Layer Week 250

It's back to
ONE LAYER 
cards again this week and we have a super fun theme for you to adhere to!
It's SANTA!

Do remember to leave lots of white space and do keep your designs really simple!
Here are our cards to give you a few ideas!


I bought this fun stamp from Little Claire, at Sincerely Yours show when I was out and about with Chrissie.  I've coloured him with Koh-i-Noor pencils on kraft card and added a sentiment from Dylusions.

I love Penny Blacks ducks and this one is a real cutie. It was coloured with Distress Inks and  a water brush and accompanied by a computer generated sentiment, which reads... What do you get if you cross Santa with a duck?   ... a Christmas Quacker!


Sarah

Santa falling down the chimney is an old wooden stamp that's been
in my stash forever and I've used various sets by Clearly Besotted, 
Uniko and Paper Smooches to create the colourful explosion of gifts and images.




This card took a bit of planning but was pretty simple to create.  I sketched a Santa hat onto a post-it note and cut it out from the inside to create a mask, firstly minus the white parts.  I used a grey card base as I wanted the white to eventually show up.  I blended Barn Door Distress Ink through the mask to add some light and shade.  I then cut two more masks for the fluffy parts of the hat and swiped a VersaMark ink pad over the negative space onto my card base.  I then heat embossed these areas with white powder by Wow!  I finished with a sentiment from MFT Christmas Cuteness.

We are really looking forward to seeing what you all come up with and just think, it will be one less card for you to make when the time comes for you to send out your own Christmas cards!

***


5 comments:

  1. Very inspiring.. trying to keep it simple. ..Not exactly sure how I go about
    submitting a card, but I'd love to give it a try.. please let me know. Thank YOU ☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun challenge and inspiration that has me smiling all over! Thank you, ladies! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE NOTE: SPAM COMMENTS WILL NEVER BE PUBLISHED!

Thank you for your support and encouraging messages. We love to see you on our personal blogs too.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.