07 November 2015

Week 249 Colour Challenge

Well here we are in a new month with a new challenge and a new Sponsor.
We are delighted to welcome back 
once more.
Mary has been a faithful sponsor of our challenges for many years now and we are so grateful for her support. 
If you have not yet checked out her shop we do urge you do so, she stocks so many lovely things... as well as the superb range of ribbons!

This week, being the first Saturday of the month we have a colour challenge for you entitled
FIRE

Please try to stick to the colours that can be seen in fire with any additional shades being kept to neutral or metallic shades.


I squished a small amount of Distress Inks in Barn Door, Spiced Marmalade and Mustard Seed onto my craft mat and spritzed with water.  I then smooshed the ink onto a cardstock panel bringing the colours up from the bottom corner.  Once dry I then repeated the process to intensify the colours.  I adhered the panel to my card base on 3D foam and added a vellum die cut, Leaf-Filled Flourish by MFT, and adhered the black sentiment strip, which was heat embossed in white using a sentiment from Clearly Besotted's Many Mini Messages set.

Anne

I masked off a margin around the bottom left corner of my card and then sprinkled Brushos onto it in an assortment of fiery shades.  A light spritz of water gave a fab fiery corner and I added a Poppy die of roses over it and a Mama Elephant die and stamp sentiment. 

This card utilised a couple of my new acquisitions... the base die for the butterfly from All Occasion Dies and the 'hugs' word from Winnie and Walter! The embossing folder is from Cuttlebug and the base layer from Simon Says Stamp. I've nearly worn this one out, it's doing trojan service! 
The colour was achieved with Inka Gold pastes and distress inks which were mixed, smooched and daubed.

Sarah
If you follow my blog regularly you'll know I LOVE inky blending
and you can't beat a mix of distress inks to create those fiery tones!
Here I've used Squeezed Lemonade, Mustard Seed, Spiced Marmalade, 
Wild Honey, Ripe Persimmon and a dash of Barn Door! 
I've spritzed and flicked with perfect pearls and water then the same
with some Gold Delicata ink. 

My front panel is die-cut using the MFT Blueprints 15 and their
Stitched Basic Border dies to create the shape. The sentiment is from
Uniko: All Occasion Sentiments #6 heat embossed on a fishtail flag
also die-cut using the MFT stax set. To finish a few gelly sparkles.


We hope you enjoy this one and please remember to keep your designs
clean and simple with white space too. 


***


9 comments:

  1. Amazing inspiration by the DT. I hear my distress inks and Brushos calling out to me to come and play...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a great theme. Those inspiration cards are fab. Have a nice weekend, Ankie

    ReplyDelete
  3. fire can be red and yellos but also blues if you look at gas from your stover or heater, green if there's minerals in there, just thought i'd throw that in there but will do sth red/yellow orange...probably lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is nothing like the fiery warm colors of autumn and you ladies have captured the theme perfectly with these beautiful cards!! Thanks for another fun challenge and lots of inspiration! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous DT fire creations - thanks for giving us such a brilliant colour theme!
    Sylvia x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for another great challenge, I certainly enjoyed playing along :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi ladies, long time no see. Finally the bussy craft fair season overhere is finished and I have a bit more time now.
    Great new challenge and awesome DT inspiration cards. I am so glad I finally could join in again.
    Big hug, Veerle

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous and very creative inspiration from the design team...Thank you. Wanted to say how gorgeous all the entries look on the link up such glorious and vibrant colours x

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE NOTE: SPAM COMMENTS WILL NEVER BE PUBLISHED!

Thank you for your support and encouraging messages. We love to see you on our personal blogs too.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.