11 June 2011

Week 19 - One Layer

Greetings LIMettes one and all!
We had some wonderful entries last week, but, there seem to have been a few cards submitted which were not quite as Clean and Simple as we hoped for. Some were many layered and some had not left much in the way of White Space so we'd just like to re-iterate our request that you follow our guidelines.
We're sure that we're preaching to the converted as it were and that our true LIMetttes follow the rules implicitly, but it maybe that some people see the theme on a blog like Feline Challenges and just add a card because it fits the general theme.

This week it should be simpler as we have a definite CAS challenge... 
it's ONE LAYER WEEK again.

Our challenge is entitled 
IN THE FRAME
We would like to see a frame of some sort or something in a frame... we'd like you to be as inventive as you like.
You could doodle, draw, emboss, ink, paint, colour, print, stamp, emboss resist,  mask or any other method you can come up with to get a frame of sorts into your design.

Arielle, of the Wax Fruit Company, this month's sponsor of our challenge, has loads of fabulous images (with frames) on her website, so do visit her if you're looking for inspiration! There's a link on our sidebar!

As usual a few entries from last week would have fitted this week's bill perfectly, we think some of you must be psychic. 
So remember only one layer and minimal embellishments!

Having messed up a few attempts at this technique, here is my final card. 
I began by cutting out a square from a post-it with my Nesties and placing it centrally on the card. (The pink piece on the picture below)
I then surrounded it with 4 other post-its and removed the original square leaving me with a square of card the exact size of the Nestie exposed.
I then began by sponging inks in Sahara Sand, Baja Breeze and Crumb Cake into the space.
This was then overprinted with some French Foliage stamps, in a variety of the brown hued inks.
When I had finished, I removed the yellow post-its and placed the pink one back over the stamping, to help position the Nestie once more to emboss the edge of the frame.
A simple sentiment from Personal Impressions was added and that as they say is that!
I had however, messed up three or four cards on the way with inky fingers amongst other things.
I did salvage what I could and made this faux OLC.
Finally, another little card using several frame stamps and some Embosslits butterflies.

Now it's me Mandi
 My first card is using the fabulous Stampendous stamp Flower Fields [bought here]
First of all I printed the sentiment on the computer, using a text box. Instead of removing the text box, I left the sentiment in it. I measured the box and cut a piece of paper the same size, then held it over the text box and then stamped my flowers over the top. I coloured very loosely with water colour pencils, I think the design lends itself well to this kind of colouring.

A little note about the flower stamp. It comes as a 'cling' type, which I really don't like Im a wooden gal at heart! 
I have lots of old wooden stamps I never use, so finding one the right size, I put it in the microwave for 20 seconds and the original stamp peeled straight off [be careful as the wood is quite hot for a while] I then cleaned with sticky stuff remover, I peeled off the transfer from the new flower cling and stuck to one side of the wood. The cling with the rubber stamp I then stuck to the other side of the wood using a strong tacky glue!

My second card base is a pearlised 'lime green' I used my Stampin Up flourish from the
Style Beautiful set.
I measured the width of the centre panel I wanted to draw. Found the centre of the card [top to bottom] and lightly drew pencil lines so I could line up the flourish perfectly. I stamped one, then used my Stamp-a-majig to line up the other] I drew the lines with a SU fine liner pen and finally added the Anniversary sentiment, from Basic Phrases set, then the 2 bright pink gems.
If you would like to purchase Stampin Up products
please contact me here 
** I have TWO only ONE places left on my Stampers 6 Club starting 1st July **
I am offering FREE postage for July/August

36 comments:

  1. What fabulous inspiration you have offered here. I love all your cards, but Chrissie your top one is gorgeous. Off to have a go. Zx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab cards today ladies. There's no little linky icon showing for me though - is it missing or is it my browser?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Faberoony theme and some lovely examples already

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the examples, but I have got no link? Is it me?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful challenge again Chrissie and Mandi! :D
    Lizy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your cards!! Thanks for the challenge! I´ve added mine from a very warm Sweden!!

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Terrific examples....definitely a thinking cap challenge...... Enjoy the weekend, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  8. love your catds, they are fabulous.
    Enjoy this weekend, greet Marja

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want to post my challenge but no matter where I search for this weeks link...on the date on the title on the comments...no link for me to link to shows up!!!! HELP!

    ReplyDelete
  10. ohhh FOUND IT,,,,duhhh,,,on the archives list...okey dokey get with it:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great cards ladies and I must confess to posting the wrong card last week (clown) it fitted in with the monochrome although it was rather fussy, sorry!

    Shall make sure I get it right this week ;)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fabulous challenge - again! Thanks for all your hard work ladies, you are making a whole bunch of LiMettes very happy! Vx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I found out from this challenge that I don´t own a frame stamp...how appalling indeed...I better get with the program ...so I just doodled myself a frame:) and next time before I go into a panic cause I cannot find the link I will take a deep breath and check the archive list,,,I promise!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm starting to look forward to the One Layer weeks now...this looks like a good one. Love your samples Mandi and Chrissie :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oooh so many lovely cards already, well done everyone, off for a think :O) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I missed last week as I couldn't link or comment outside of my blog-again!I'm trying now to see if I can.Lovely examples and will give it a go.

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW Love the cards again this week. Argh really had me challenged for a while. Have a lovely week, Hazelxox

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for a great challenge and for some gorgeous samples of inspiration, I had a lovely time getting inky fingers making mine.Cheers,Bev.x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your samples are gorgeous! I love making OLC and the frames make them look like they are layered. Very fun challenge - thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am truly enjoying your site, such great ideas, and refreshing cards. I am so impressed. I don't have a blog yet, so can't post, but sure have gotten lots of great ideas! So happy to have connected on your week 2, and have seen you grow!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Another fantastic challenge ladies and wonderful inspiration.

    ali x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great inspiration as always - I can see everyone's been busy while I was party organising - off to look now. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great challenge, lots of lovely cards.

    ReplyDelete
  24. In total, it took me roughly 30 minutes to pull out this awesome post. Thanks a lot.
    Aviator Sunglasses

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Chrissie, thanx for letting me know that my link didn't work. I've linked up another thumbnail but don't how to delete the original one. Sorry.
    Sally x

    ReplyDelete
  26. another great challenge girls and gorgeous ideas from you both...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  27. another amazing challenge guys just brilliant examples yet again hugs cheryl xxx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Clean and simple is a challenge for me but Im glad to have found your blog so I can practice. this is my first time participating. Beautiful inspiration! thanks for the great challenge. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  29. Great challenge ladies, I loved making my card sop thank you. Great cards from you both as always and I am loving looking at all the entries xx

    ReplyDelete
  30. Still struggling with this concept but I will continue to give it a go as it's good to try different things.

    Lovely selection of entries so far.

    Toni :o)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi ladies

    Another great challenge and love your cards!

    Tina
    X

    ReplyDelete
  32. I'm so sorry, I forgot all about the maximum number of combined challenges for this one; I'll do better next time :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. This was quite a challenge...I kept trying and trying...and finally submitted something. Thank you for all you do...there are so many lovely cards! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Mandi & Chrissie - gorgeous samples!!! Great ideas. Thanks for the fun challenge :) I actually made 3 similar cards! Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE NOTE: SPAM COMMENTS WILL NEVER BE PUBLISHED!

Thank you for your support and encouraging messages. We love to see you on our personal blogs too.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.