18 June 2011

Week 20 - Theme

Another super week from the LIMettes, you certainly knew how to Frame it... choosing our ShowCASe this week is certainly going to be a real labour of love!

This week our theme for your cards is
MONOGRAM


monogramDefinition 

monogram ( ) n. A design composed of one or more letters, typically the initials of a name, used as an identifying mark.

So in effect, your monogram should represent the word it's standing for and not be a part of it.

You can use any means you fancy for creating your monogram... die cut letters, stamps, computer printouts, masking techniques... wherever your creativity leads you, we'd love to see it. 

 Mandi


My initials are MM and when I was asked to make a wedding card for a couple 'Mark & Michelle' this popped into my mind! I printed the letters on the computer in 'Flair Roman', the size is 200 I chose to have the second M in outline and glittered the inside. The little bow tie is a diamond punch cut in half and turned outwards! Pearls then added as shown.
For my second card I again started by printing the large M on the computer. The font is size 200 and 'Vivaldi' font.[The 'M' is the monogram for our surname Moore] The Mandi & Steve is also printed on the computer and positioned using the text box method. That font is 'Monotype Corsiva' Stuck a swiss dots embossed panel on the left, then stamped the hearts form Stampin Up [I (Heart) Hearts Available to buy from me here. The 2 hearts have a matching punch for ease of cutting out! Lastly the 'side by side' is from a CTMH set.


Chrissie

For this monogram card I used a sheet of printed gingham DP (I believe it's Cuddly Buddly, but was in my drawer of printed papers) and onto it printed  the letter D (for Daisy, my granddaughter), using the font Alfredo Hollow in size 250 (to make this size I merely typed it into the box beside the font name) .
I cut this out and mounted it onto a square Nestie cut-out and added more gingham DP  and a base white layer, then popped the lot onto dimensional pads.
The only ornamentation is a few Cuttlebug die-cut daisies from the Hippie Chick Alphabet plates.
This card is for my son and daughter-in-law's approaching 3rd wedding anniversary. I used their monograms on their wedding invitations which you can see here.
I'm extremely fond of using monograms on my wedding stationery... if you take a look on my blog you may see just how fond I am of it!
This stamp is from Indigo Blu, embossed in silver, with a peg sentiment from Inkadinkado and die cut monogram letters from Cuttlebug's Typewriter alphabet.
For these fiddly things, I always stick Double Sided Tape onto  the back of the card before running the dies through the Bug.

We almost made 300 entries last week... but this is quite a tricky one... I wonder how many you'll manage this time!

40 comments:

  1. Lovely inspiration cards ladies - I'm going to need that. I've never made any monogram type of card - off for breakfast and a think!!

    Last week's challenge was such fun - thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What stunning cards - this is another great challenge

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards ladies and I love what you have done Mandi using the two letters and your pretty 'D' card is lovely Chrissie...So had better get my thinking cap on!

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab challenge yet again Ladies. Wonderful inspiration for us with your cards too. Love the M 'n' M Mandi what a clever idea. Zx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the MM male/female - what a fab idea? Great challenge last week but this one I may have to sit and ponder .........

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh wow hun this is stunning oh love love those letters,you have used,brilliant deail just gorgeous hugs cherylx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooo.... this one is going to make me ponder a while !!!! Love the MM card Mandi, so classy and elegant. Chrissie your gingham creation is so sweet and would make a lovely card for a little girl just learning her alphabet.

    Thanks again for a great challenge - I'll do my best !!
    hugs
    wynneth
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another fabby challenge - great projects too - thanks ladies :-D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great challenge and cards xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely cards as usual from the ladies! Thanks for the challenge! I´ve added mine.
    Hugs
    Birgit

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous cards girls, mmm not so easy to no what to do, will give it some thought, sue,x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the MM card. Beautiful and original made for the wedding. Fabulous also the other cards.
    Gr. Marja

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! Stunning samples, and a fab theme! Sorry I missed last week's - what a great set of entries!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful cards ladies, love the MM Mandi, so original and that stunning heart Chrissie absolutely brilliant. Have to have another cup of tea to see if inspiration strikes:))
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful cards, love them all. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW what an awesome challenge again, will be back with this one
    hugs
    Ildiko

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the MM card - I thought it was for Mr & Mrs before I read the post.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Please, I have a question about the theme this week......does this have to have loads of white space? Will be back to see the answer, thank you. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  19. In answer to your question, Annette, yes!
    We always want to see 'white' or blank space with clean and simple lines no matter what the theme that week.

    mandi

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi ladies, your cards are amazing, and judging by the amount of great cards already it looks like this is going to be another popular one.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I really like your challenges! The cards from all the people who worked with it, give me a lot of inspiration! Thanks for that!
    And the card with MM is great!
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great cards this week girls, but once again I won't be able to join in as we leave in the morning for 8 days in Cornwall, really looking forward to it and get a chance to unwind. Take care everyone and I'll join again when we get back. Hugs Rita xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Holy Bajeebers those are some fantastic cards. Wow! Talk about setting the bar high....eeeesh! Well, one thing's for sure if you can't learn from the best, then who do you learn from? Thanks so much for the amazing inspiration (as always), I think we LIMettes expect nothing less from you talented ladies. This is a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  24. WOW Fantastic cards Mandi and Chrissie and so many beautiful cards already, feels like I missed the party, only joking:0) Need to put on my thinking cap, Great challenge idea again ladies, Thank you, Gay xxx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Well, this one wasn't easy, but I got there in the end. Thanx for another super challenge & the DT's cards are stunning.
    Sally x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thanks for another great challenge, love both your cards, brillant. Really gives me inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  27. Another brilliant challenge to get our teeth into! Thanks ladies, Vx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Another fantastic challenge thank you girls. Loving this weeks inspiration!!

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  29. This totally stumped me!It certainly gave me lots to think about-a great challenge and great inspiration from the examples.I'm off to work but will be back to comment tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi Ladies

    Another brill theme! Keep up the good work!

    LIMette Tina
    X

    ReplyDelete
  31. Bit more difficult theme this week I think, its certainly got the brain cells working, thanks for all your inspiration

    http://janetscraftycreations.blogspot.com/2011/06/monogram.html

    ReplyDelete
  32. Another week of hundreds of cards showing brilliant inspiration. It is hard to know what to do but what I like is that anyone can have a go, it's not just for the designers.
    Thank you Chrissie and Mandy for another stretching challenge. Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  33. Thank you for making me think outside of my comfort zone.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  34. This week is really stretching us all it seems! :-)

    I think that the confusion arose for me (I don't know about anyone else) by reading the red bit of the challenge

    Quote "So in effect, your monogram should represent the word it's standing for and not be a part of it."

    My U represented the word You .... which I thought was OK ......

    Thank you Chrissie & Mandi for keeping my brain cells ticking ...........

    ReplyDelete
  35. How hard was that, read the challenge on Saturday and had to wait nearly a week till I got back from holiday today to have a play...it was a tough one but that's what I love about the LIM challenges. Off now to link up my card xxx

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hi Diva Mandi, to answer your question...I simply came to LIM and followed the process of uploading my card. Inlinz was still there. This is my first time in participating I'm sorry if I didn't make it on time. I enjoyed the challenge.

    Thanks,
    Theresa (My Sassy Cards)

    ReplyDelete
  37. Well Chrissie and Mandi were correct in thinking this would be a hard one for us and there wouldn't be so many entries this week but I'd like to congratulate everyone who did submit something - such wonderful inspiration for the rest of us. Needless to say I didn't get to post anything this week - will look forward to what's in store tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  38. darn, i'm late again. i will try to do better this week. i did make a monogram card - you can see it here if you're interested (http://kathesadventure.blogspot.com/2011/06/adventures-in-crafting.html) - but forgot to post it.

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE NOTE: SPAM COMMENTS WILL NEVER BE PUBLISHED!

Thank you for your support and encouraging messages. We love to see you on our personal blogs too.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.