19 November 2011

Week 42 - Theme

Another week, another challenge.
Where do the weeks go to?
We saw some fabulous work on your beautiful One Layer Cards with minor variations of the interpretation of One Layer however. If in any doubt as to what we expect, just check with the definition at the top of our blog.

This week it's time for another theme which is 

Silhouettes
 n. silhouette is the image of a person, an object or scene consisting of the outline and a basically featureless interior, with the silhouetted object usually being black.


Here I used the same Hero Arts stamp which I selected for my Split Negative card a couple of weeks ago. This time its the complete stamp embossed on a black background using Heat it Up Snowflake Tinsel embossing powder.
The silhouettes on this one are from a Memory Box die, arranged in slightly closer proximity than on the die itself. The sentiment is from Penny Black.

This is in similar vein using all three of the deer from the Memory Box die. The trees are stamped from a Hero Arts clear set and have been twinkled with Glamour Dust. The background was embossed with Craft Concept's Starry Night embossing folder. This is a little more layered than usual but the design is still basically CAS.


Mandi


For my first card I used a digi image from Stitchy Bear I saw it on one of our LIMettes blogs, Caro a while ago and had to have it. Isn't it just adorable!
I dragged the digi onto a blank document, then added the sentiment to fit onto the right hand space.
The font is Fontasia V2 here
I used the text box method, which we have explained in the past. I went over the 'Magical' with a zig glue pen and sprinkled with Glamour Dust for a sparkly effect. I also added glitter to the fairy wings. The top has a panel of Swiss dots and a cute little fairy castle charm tied onto the ribbon.

For this silhouette I stamped a silhouette style stamp from Stampin Up, Ornate Flowers, in black onto Melon Mambo card stock. I lined up the small stamp by eye as there were only 3 of them and the set I have is a cling which you attach onto a acrylic block, making for easy lined up design. I trimmed one edge with a scallop edge punch, also Stampin Up and then attached to a black card base. It is an A6.....Approx 15cm x 10.5cm. The gems are in an orange shade, from Doodlebug.

Have fun with your silhouettes we can't wait to see what you come up with.



27 comments:

  1. WOWser - interesting challenge this week ladies - off for a rummage!

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow girls these are all stuning gosh you always come up with the most amazing,cards and super challenges too,hugs cherylxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful samples, girls and thank you for the font - I love fonts and that one is a cracker! Love your ideas. Thank you for another fab theme x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for a new lovely challenge!
    Hugs
    Birgit

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ladies what gorgeous. The black silhouettes are so fabulous. Very elegant and beuatiful cards.
    Weldone.
    Lovely greet and nice weekend Marja

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh another fab challenge ladies, great cards already what a talented bunch we all are...I think that every week now too :O) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your challenges never disappoint me ladies - thank you. And your samples are just amazing as always! Vx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi girls
    great challenge gorgeous cards as always, yep im well early this week, don't fall over!!! luvs ya, sue,x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like very much the challenge. I'll try to participate. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Chrissie and Mandi, Sorry I am not here very often I find C&S cards quite difficult, but I have played along this week and just wanted to say thanks for the inspiration too! hugs me x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this. The funny thing is, that I was thinking about making a silhouette card this week, with a stamp I ordered but do not have yet. I believe Saterday starts to be LIM day. Thank you for that.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous cards from the DT showing the scope of CLS and how striking it can be.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this challenge. Most of them quite motivate me to do something different!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fab theme which really got me thinking. I'm really enjoying looking at everyone's cards - so inspiring! Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  15. Haven't been around for a while, life getting in the way, but both of your cards are stunning and so inspirational as always.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is my first time here at "Less is More". I Plan to play along more in the weeks to come....

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Ladies, Thank you for another great challenge and your cards are a great inspiration to us all:) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great samples. Love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the DT inspiration, thank you for the fun challenge. I came over from Amber Ink :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I just love silhouettes. A great theme for this week. Thanks for providing such great inspiration Chrissie and Mandi.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is my first time here, and its all paper and scissors-work for me... hope you like what I have done... ;) Loved the inspiration cards, and all the cards the others made... Great challenge idea...

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for another great challenge and for such wonderful samples to get us started!
    Cheers, Karen
    alteredscrapbooking.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Absolutely gorgeous DT creations--fabulous challenge, too, ladies! :) Thanks for hosting--this is one of my faves!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love your blog and come here every week for inspiration, and am thrilled to be able to take part this week.

    ReplyDelete
  25. You have some amazing cards posted on this blog. Not only are you a couple of very talented ladies, you invest so much time into every challenge and it is greatly appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great challenge ladies, I just got my card in at the last minute! I hope you like my white version. Great samples as always xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. And again, great fun. And if inspiration ... I love these challenges. I regret that I have so little to no time. All cards
    are beautiful

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE NOTE: SPAM COMMENTS WILL NEVER BE PUBLISHED!

Thank you for your support and encouraging messages. We love to see you on our personal blogs too.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.